diy solar

diy solar

New here! need help Yeti 1250

LBeck

Good day, My name is Lloyd Becca I am a certified photovoltaic Designer and installer living in California. I changed the battery on my Yeti 1250 recently with a 12v 100amh unit. The 110AC side has the green light showing that it is on but it has no power. It chirps when I turn on the 110AC but not when the 12volt or USB side is on,which works fine. There is also a red light that comes on inside when the 110AC is turned on. Any advice or recommendations how to get this fixed?
Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Have you read the manual? The chirp should indicate a message and also likely is associated with a possible reason for failure or fault in the troubleshooting section of the owners/operators manuals.

Hi! So I went through what the manual recommended and I still get the same result. I am attaching a link to see a video of what the problem could be. I was advise that it may be the power IC. I am in the LA area and I would take it to a person who knows a bit about repairing electronic boards. thanks for the help.
<----Video link

Is the chemistry, and specifications the same as the battery that was replaced?

As far as I can tell they are the same. It was a Vision 6FM100E-X 12V 100Ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery - This is an AJC brand replacement. From Amazon.

According to the Yeti 1250 specs. It comes with a 12 Volt 100 AMP AGM type battery, which is different then a Sealed Lead Acid (non AGM) Battery. The difference is slight, and perhaps the replacement brand is a AGM battery. But if it's not, that may be the problem.

Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this... I recently bought a Yeti GoalZero 1250. It is my first solar generator. It was still wrapped in the box but I don't think it's never been used. I plugged in the power supply but the display showed "Lo Watt" under input, the battery image wasn't showing the segments and it was displaying the battery fail and battery dead icons. I bought a new battery, Mighty Max ML 110-12, which arrived the day before yesterday. I put it in and tried to power the generator but it still showed the same display as with the previous battery. So, I plugged in the A/C charger and the same display showed. Then I unplugged the power supply and then plugged it back in with the display button held down and the backlight came on, it showed all the display/battery icons then went back to the same "Lo Watt, Battery Fail, Battery dead" display. All the output receptacle lights lit up red then the A/C receptacle light went out along with the USB and 12v output lights as well and it went back to the ''input Lo'' & ''Output 0) along with the battery fail & battery dead icons (picture 1)
Yesterday I checked all the fuses I could find and they were all good. I also checked the new battery's voltage when I received it and it was 12.8v after plugging in the A/C wall charger (which has the correct output of 16.32 volts) with a multimeter and with the charger plugged in and the power of the Yeti turned on and off I tested the battery to see if it was charging or if there were variations in the voltage of 12.8 volts and it was the same never going up or down which makes assume it's not charging but I haven't a clue really though. I paid $216.00 for the new battery & $200.00 for the generator can anyone give me some information on whether this can is worth trying to troubleshoot or should just cut my losses? Thanks, Solar Changed. Fixed it right after I posted this. It was a positive battery cable hidden in the red cover that bounds them together. 3 cables going in the sleeve and 2 coming out and connected so I slid the sleeve up and the third cable was hidden inside, connected it and it worked perfectly. Thank god, I was ready to sell it for $100 or $200 and chalk it up as a learning curve. Nobody responded to my post but great to know about this site for future stuff.

Attachments

• 20211218_134226[1].jpg
    20211218_134226[1].jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20211218_134150[1].jpg
    20211218_134150[1].jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back