diy solar

diy solar

New Home Off-Grid System build

Potmetalman

Hello. I'm new here. I've been Woking on our off-grid system for a couple months and thus far l've got a 10kw generator tied into main breaker box with split grip/essential load buss bars via a double through 100amp switch. My next step might be to add solar panels and an inverter/charger to eventually add a diy 48v battery cell.

That said, I've been watching Will's youtube channel for a bit on these Chinese inverter/chargers he says are (good enough??), but would rather pay a little more for something like a Victron Multiplus 2 8kw a pallet of used $50/ea. Solar panels....

Has anyone any experience with these panels and or the multiplus 2 I/C?

Thanks.

James Ruther

I don’t have experience with any of those panels but for someone to answer you need the model/details on the panels…

I don’t have experience with any of those panels but for someone to answer you need the model/details on the panels…
Here's the product info data sheet. Thanks

Attachments

• Datasheet-MultiPlus-II-inverter-charger-EN.pdf
    596.7 KB · Views: 1
Victron is a Tier ONE Product, like Midnite Solar, Schneider, Magnum and such. Some Chinese Made products are also Tier-1 while Tier-2 grade is common in Chine (with know Manufacturers) and then there are any Tier-3 Value grade products as well.

Victron does cost more but you get exactly what you pay for and all of the product family is inter-operates properly.
Your Inversion & Charging system are critical components and quite expensive, the solar panels are only a portion of the bigger picture.

There is nothing wrong with Tested Used Panels but do note the AGE and also verify the Make & Model Number of the Panels and search to see IF those particular ones had any issues. De-Labelled panels "may" be okay but there is no provenance so what they are and how good they perform is ???

Back