diy solar

diy solar

New HQST 100 watt panels

pault

Has anyone seen the new panels offered by HQST, seem to be a very small form factor for a 100 watt panel. I ordered a couple to try them out.

32.5 * 16.4 *1.18 = 628.94 sq-in = .408 sq-m

1000W/m^2 * .406 m^2 * 20% efficient = 82W

On that basis, I would tend to agree with you.

I suspect a typo in the dimensions. That thing looks wider than a 2:1 aspect ratio.

I also noticed them and wrote to HQST. I asked if the 16" dimension was a typo since other panels are typically 26" on the short side. They replied same day that the dimensions shown are correct. I then ordered two since they claim to offer free return shipping and a refund if anything ordered is not as described. They only take Paypal, so not sure how that might complicate any refund. Even if they are 82W per panel, it's the highest density I can get on the roof of my vehicle due to the dimensions, so will probably work.

Last edited:
I’m also interested in how these would perform. The dimensions works perfect for my roof setup. Please update us once you get some in. Much appreciated!

i will absolutely update any results i can gather once i receive the panels and have favorable test conditions. i have high hopes and wanted to share with others looking for small panels

HQST website showing new dimension for this panel HSP100D-L 26.4(width) x 32.5(height) x 1.18(depth) equals to 0.554 sq-m

Borrowed equation from snoobler

1000W/m^2 * .554 m^2 * 181% efficient = 100.19 w

Last edited:
Just got my panels...sad to say but they are way out of dimensions provided. Ill have to see how customer service wants to handle this but I call it ridiculous. How can you expect that these have been through any kind of QA process when something as simple as this is so far off?

Attachments

• panel1.jpeg
    panel1.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 36
  • panel3.jpeg
    panel3.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 38
Thanks for the update. Seems like they updated their listing to reflect the correct size on their site and also on Amazon.
Pretty disappointing how big of a mess up this was on their end.
it did seem a little too good to be true but I was selfishly wishing it was :).

hope you’re get things iron out with customer service.

Just got my panels...sad to say but they are way out of dimensions provided. Ill have to see how customer service wants to handle this but I call it ridiculous. How can you expect that these have been through any kind of QA process when something as simple as this is so far off?
noticed that picture panel3.jpeg, dimension in mm matches the real one "826x670x30mm" equals 32.5x26.4x1.18in

THESE DIMENSIONS ARE INCORRECT! I bought 4, they are 32.5 x 26.4. Whoever did the conversion from millimeters screwed up. They did credit me back $10 per panel.

Ended up with two Newpowa 75W panels that are 33x20. Good service from Newpowa directly.

Back