diy solar

diy solar

New Hybrid 10.2KW Inverter from Y&H

SandyMcC

I have just installed a new hybrid 10.2KW Inverter from Y&H (Ali-Express)
It's only downside, so far, is the fan (3) noise! They do warn you 'not near your bedroom' so I knew a distant location from the house was called for.
It seems to be limited to grid exports of ~7KW (rather than the expected 10KW) This is not too important for me and may be a software limitation (bug?).
I have been using Growatt SPF5000ES and it's cloud / WiFi system at "https://server.growatt.com".
The new Y&H inverter uses a different WiFi Dongle and an app called "Smart Client for Solar".
The WiFi Dongle is labeled WiFi Plug Pro-05-7.
I have messed up the registration process so the app will not accept my UN/PW and 'Forgotten PW' rejects my attempts.
Is anyone aware of the server used by "Smart Client for Solar"? and whether there is a web interface like the one at "server.growatt.com"?

Extra info 12-Jan-2023

Here is a picture of the Y&H 10.2KW
I have not completed the tidy-up of wires yet - so be tolerant!
The big blue illuminated 'logo' at the top turns red blue or purple depending on what is going on.
Solar is purple, red is battery and blue means grid tied
Here is a link that works for me with lots of info and pics.
The link may not work for you - let me know.
I hope it is safe to publish such links! Anyone know?

IMG-1697.jpg

H

Last edited:
I am no expert but I am happy to share experience (Retired living in Australia)

How did you find this company? did you just decide on a whim to gamble on a 10Kw inverter from Aliexpress?

Says it's a "hybrid" inverter, but I am not seeing anything about grid-selling. Pretty sure they just mean it has an AC input, but I could be wrong.

Interesting. Here is the spec sheet from the link above.

Do they have a digital user manual you can post?

S78eaf42976e84db9ad16ccdf277f16c0h.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

Here is the manual. It is similar to the Growatt manual (but different!)

The settings which I call Parameters are referred to as Programs in the manual.
Parameter 37 ant 38 relate to grid tie and HYBRID modes.
I know the inverter is exporting to the grid (I have several checks) but there is a limit of around 6KW - I do not think it is my energy supplier imposing this limit (?)
Parameter 38 has an upper limit of 30 Amps so 30A * 240V = 7200W (Currently it is exporting 6500W with some haze)
There is a separate issue with HYBRID mode; the transition to using battery at the end of the day is not happening properly (I think).
Parameter 2 can be SBU which I would have predicted would avoid drawing power from the Grid at the end of the day, and instead, draw from the battery.
I can set this parameter but it auto reverts to SUB!! If HYBRID mode is off, this parameter remains where I set it.
Could someone have built in a safeguard to prevent a battery emptying itself into the grid? I have partially solved this with a remote control grid disconnect switch.

Attachments

• WiFi dongle for 10KW inverter YnH.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
How did you find this company? did you just decide on a whim to gamble on a 10Kw inverter from Aliexpress?
Before buying, I asked Y&H questions on-line and found replies were helpful but not super quick - one to two days.
The price was attractive and I wanted a 10KW Hybrid inverter to replace a 5KW Growatt Grid-tie - it could not cope with 10KW Peak PV of course, but did well over the winter.
A feature that is not explained is the 2 x AC outlets. As far as I can tell, this would let you run the house on 10KW or less normally. However, if the battery gets too low the inverter will switch over to the second outlet where it could power Lights, internet, pumps etc without stressing the battery.
I am unclear exactly how this works ... Is it 10.2KW plus 3.5KW (on the lighting circuits)? or is it 10.2KW OR 3.5KW

I've seen other inverters that have AC output number two as a critical loads panel, so if battery runs low and you are not on bypass mode, the inverter will shut off AC output number one and only power number two. I would assume that it can only run at 10.2KW for all outputs combined, and only at 3.5KW for the other. I'd be surprised if it were 13.7KW output combined, because I would think they'd be advertising it.

But then again, I was surprised it was actually hybrid.

Before buying, I asked Y&H questions on-line and found replies were helpful but not super quick - one to two days.
The price was attractive and I wanted a 10KW Hybrid inverter to replace a 5KW Growatt Grid-tie - it could not cope with 10KW Peak PV of course, but did well over the winter.
A feature that is not explained is the 2 x AC outlets. As far as I can tell, this would let you run the house on 10KW or less normally. However, if the battery gets too low the inverter will switch over to the second outlet where it could power Lights, internet, pumps etc without stressing the battery.
I am unclear exactly how this works ... Is it 10.2KW plus 3.5KW (on the lighting circuits)? or is it 10.2KW OR 3.5KW
Thanks for the explanation, I was curious because the price was really attractive too. Although I later noticed that this is just a regular 230/240v inverter so doesn't need the more "complicated circuitry" that a split phase unit would require.

I'm curious who manufactures it for Y&h
Y&H say they do. They say they are 'made to order' so please add 3 weeks onto the delivery time.
My package was sent via Cathy Pacific (Hong Kong airline) and arrived within a month of ordering.
There is no company logo on the front so perhaps they will make these for other companies eventually?
Perhaps this is a debugging phase? With a bit of feedback the inverter could be made more useful.
e.g. there is no date and time and no provision for timed events like use grid at off-peak times to charge the battery.
also there is no indication of how much is being fed back to the grid - getting the wifi dongle going would get around this I suppose.
FYI I have ordered one of these from Ali-express. Has anyone tried these?

TOMZN 1P+N 65A Tuya WIFI Smart Bidirectional Energy Meter timer Power Consumption Monitor kWh Meter Wattmeter SMARTLIFE

Y&H say they do. They say they are 'made to order' so please add 3 weeks onto the delivery time.
My package was sent via Cathy Pacific (Hong Kong airline) and arrived within a month of ordering.
There is no company logo on the front so perhaps they will make these for other companies eventually?
Perhaps this is a debugging phase? With a bit of feedback the inverter could be made more useful.
e.g. there is no date and time and no provision for timed events like use grid at off-peak times to charge the battery.
also there is no indication of how much is being fed back to the grid - getting the wifi dongle going would get around this I suppose.
FYI I have ordered one of these from Ali-express. Has anyone tried these?

TOMZN 1P+N 65A Tuya WIFI Smart Bidirectional Energy Meter timer Power Consumption Monitor kWh Meter Wattmeter SMARTLIFE

Some other y&h products are SRNE product, but who knows...

If you look at the business info for Y&H they are called

Shenzhen Yonghui Fashion Co., Ltd. :)

Back