diy solar

diy solar

*New* Inergy "Flex" Solar Generator

I just checked the Inergy website today and now it states September (2021)! They have pushed that date more times than I can count. I paid a lot of money to them starting in May of last year. I am an early Kickstarter person and have a fair amount of patience but I have really had it with this company. I love my Kodiak and watched all of their webinars live etc. I think they have just buried themselves in mistakes..frankly I am disgusted at this point. Every day I am about ready to call them and tell them off and demand my money back.If the Delta 1300 wasn't so annoyingly loud I would have been using it in my van but I have 12V fridge, fans and 2 amateur radios and was really looking forward to the Flex DC.
This company was being transparent at first and I daresay was a fanboi but I have since lost all faith in these guys stringing everyone along like a bad failed Kickstarter project.
I agree I have been waiting now for 15 months and this is beyond ridiculous. It has gotten to the point where I consider their replies just lies saying anything to divert from the customers anger. They need to get their act together and get these things shipped.

I agree I have been waiting now for 15 months and this is beyond ridiculous. It has gotten to the point where I consider their replies just lies saying anything to divert from the customers anger. They need to get their act together and get these things shipped.
Just called them again - after previously being told in May that I could expect my first order to ship in June. Now... they say I might hope for July. While they extended their warranty as an "apology" for all these delays - it's hard to believe they will honor the warranty (or even still be a company) after this debacle.

Interestingly, as of today..

Attachments

• flex battery temporarily unavailable.jpg
    flex battery temporarily unavailable.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 11
I actually went ahead and canceled my Flex pre-orders (2x full units + an extra battery) - the continual delays and excuses were just too much, and I lost confidence that the company can stand behind the product. And, now EcoFlow, Bluetti and others are out with modular systems and features that make the Flex no longer stand out from the pack.

Other than their affiliates' and product promotion videos (now posted on inergytek's website), have any customers posted reviews of those "thousands" of new Flex units—stations and/or lithium batteries—that've been shipping for the past two months (since May)? Any customers running one or more "smart" Flex lithium batteries with their Apex or Kodiak yet?

Two years ago, right after the Apex began shipping, I recall seeing a number of Apex customer reviews. But it seems like radio silence for the Flex system. Is there a problem with the units? Is Inergy still shipping Flex units out to any of the original pre-sale purchasers?

Spoke with our friends at Inergy today: They'll be sending out email updates in....you guessed it....a few weeks.
Smile! You're on Candid Camera. o_O

Just received the Flex1500 Power Module, I received the panels and other items last week. Got it charging and will let you all know how it does if you would like too know.

Just received the Flex1500 Power Module, I received the panels and other items last week. Got it charging and will let you all know how it does if you would like too know.
Well it pasted my first test and the one I was most worried about and that was running my Well Water pump. It performed flawlessly. It took the surge watts about 2100+ and maintained the draw of 900 watts till the pressure switch turned it off. I now have a way to get water without running a noisy gas generator when the power goes out. I am going to see how it handles my 2 freezers and refrigerator tonight.

Reactions: feo
Ugh. I got caught up gambling on this dumb product. After over a year of missed deadlines and messed up orders, I finally got my flex 1500 on Sep 14. Wouldn't you know it? The paper-thin latch that holds the module to the battery bent and broke immediately. I didn't even notice until I picked the unit up after doing the full charge. One side of the battery dropped and bent the other latch. Now the unit is stuck together with one bent latch. Because I couldn't detach the unit, they had to send me hazmat packaging to handle the unit as a whole. Of course, they messed up the paperwork so they had to also ship me new hazmat paperwork. The tracking number still shows it hasn't been shipped.

THIS IS A WARNING to anyone thinking about getting this unit: the 'quick start' paperwork says not to disconnect the units once connected. Now, I know this is because you run the risk of the tiny latches breaking anytime you connect the units. With that being said DO NOT get this unit if a selling point is to attach/detach batteries semi-frequently (or at all). You will probably (and quickly) break the latch and have a great time playing email tag with their support staff to get it replaced. Alternatively, you can, as they suggested to me, tie the unit together with a strap. I'm not kidding, this was an actual suggestion from them. I didn't wait 13 months to have to tie a product together with a strap like a bumper on an old jalopy.

Another thing to look out for, especially if you plan on having this in a van/RV with moving objects, is to be careful with the LCD screens. They have no protective glass over them and are completely exposed to damage.

What have I got myself into?

Ugh. I got caught up gambling on this dumb product. After over a year of missed deadlines and messed up orders, I finally got my flex 1500 on Sep 14. Wouldn't you know it? The paper-thin latch that holds the module to the battery bent and broke immediately. I didn't even notice until I picked the unit up after doing the full charge. One side of the battery dropped and bent the other latch. Now the unit is stuck together with one bent latch. Because I couldn't detach the unit, they had to send me hazmat packaging to handle the unit as a whole. Of course, they messed up the paperwork so they had to also ship me new hazmat paperwork. The tracking number still shows it hasn't been shipped.

THIS IS A WARNING to anyone thinking about getting this unit: the 'quick start' paperwork says not to disconnect the units once connected. Now, I know this is because you run the risk of the tiny latches breaking anytime you connect the units. With that being said DO NOT get this unit if a selling point is to attach/detach batteries semi-frequently (or at all). You will probably (and quickly) break the latch and have a great time playing email tag with their support staff to get it replaced. Alternatively, you can, as they suggested to me, tie the unit together with a strap. I'm not kidding, this was an actual suggestion from them. I didn't wait 13 months to have to tie a product together with a strap like a bumper on an old jalopy.

Another thing to look out for, especially if you plan on having this in a van/RV with moving objects, is to be careful with the LCD screens. They have no protective glass over them and are completely exposed to damage.

Wow. Well I did have my final straw with this company and cancelled all of my orders (Flex 1500 and Flex Dc with extra battery). Since I had placed my order in May 2020 I had bought an EcoFlow River Pro. I then used my refund money to do the EcoFlow Delta Max which should be here soon. I have been happy with the EcoFlows and like the phone app on them. I wanted something under 50# so larger units were not a consideration for me. I feel kind of bad for Inergy, but they dug their own grave.

I've been using the Flex for a couple of months now, while traveling with my camper and it's performed flawlessly. Didn't experience the bent latch issue. Inergy has been a good to me company, with no issues when I returned the APEX. Just wanted to post something positive on here for the Flex, haha. It does what it says can do.

Who did you return your Apex to? And what did you receive in exchange?
After receiving the APEX (When it was released) and learning about the continuous watt limitation, I returned the Flex to Inergy. The customer service was excellent. Maybe worth noting that I purchased the unit directly from them.

After receiving the APEX (When it was released) and learning about the continuous watt limitation, I returned the Flex to Inergy. The customer service was excellent. Maybe worth noting that I purchased the unit directly from them.
Okay, so you returned the Apex shortly after purchase, not recently, which I assumed to be the case from your post.
Thanks for the clarification and good luck with the Flex.

I finally received the Flex and within two weeks I was told by Inergy to test the battery pack position because it might have been damaged in shipping. I am within a 1/8 of an inch outside of spec. They told me NOT to use the unit and place the battery away from the house because it could be a fire hazard. I live in Maine. Where an I going to place it that it won't be buried in the snow in about two weeks.? I have contacted the repeatedly and I get all kind of different replies. The last was that they would be sending a tech to my house....last week...no one came. I wasn't really expecting anyone. DO NOT buy from this company unless you want to have a new boat anchor.

I watched a video on youtube from City Prepping on the flex he received and he stated that one of the things he didn't like was the way the battery latched and suggested that putting a strap around the whole unit was a way to rectify the problem it is at the 10:00 minute mark and the review can be found here
. I didn't follow this advice at first but now I do after I was lifting it one day and one end came undone, thankfully the unit wasn't high and it didn't bed the pin to much. I was able to separate and straighten the pin and get it back to latching properly. I now have a strap around it and won't have that problem again. I am blessed in that my battery is okay and it does not need to be replaced. I am satisfied with the unit and it's operation but I have been waiting for 2 additional batteries and the mppt charger for forever and I to keep getting the same excuses. I am sympathetic to the supply chain issues that the world is a whole is having but this is ridiculous. At this point I am to far in to do anything else and it seems that most of the other companies are having supply issues as well with their shipping dates. I will just wait and hopefully get my batteries and the mppt in the new date of April 2022 and I started all this back in may of 2020.

Sorry to hear about your delays, @Sejac. Fortunately, after getting my new unit/battery I haven't had any issues (and hope you don't either!). I didn't watch that video first, but also ended up putting a strap around it anyways. I purchased this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G97P9Y1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bolted the anchors to the floor of my van. So if the strap is not keeping the units together, then I use it to strap it to the floor of my van and it does a good job of keeping the unit in place. Absolutely shows that they didn't test this like normal people would use it. It is all too easy for the latches to detach either by vibration or brushing up against something. Shame I have to have a strap as insurance to keep a $1,350+ unit together because of negligent design/testing.

IMO to trick people into buying something that they otherwise wouldn't have if it were called something like an electric or energy storage system.
I mean, that's not a wrong opinion. I agree that it's a marketing term. Basically a solar generator is like a gasoline generator, except the fuel is.. the sun. IMO they should call it what it is: a collection of solar panels, a battery, and a charging system.. sold together. Then again, I think the opposite view would be strange to think about not calling a gas generator a "generator". Rather a prebuilt "motor, gas tank, and alternator" sold together. :unsure:

Back