diy solar

diy solar

New inverter showing crazy values

ChrisG82

Hi all. I had the following installed two days ago - Growatt SPH 5000 inverter with a GBLI6532 battery. To replace an old inverter than managed 12 x 385W panels. Unfortunately having all sorts of issues, and installers are not being that helpful. They’ve had me taking it apart and flipping dip switches, and switching CT cables, to no avail!

The problem - firstly, the inverter’s display readings are a mile out. Ppv values are mostly accurate (based on old inverter values), but randomly fly up to >5000W, when our PV system only has the ability to generate 4600!

The Po display values (load value, I believe) also wildly different from actual consumption. Fluctuating in the range 3000-6000W when I’m sat here with nothing on except the fridge. Previous inverter had us ticking over in the region of 200W. Values displayed on the ShinePhone app also do not correlate with those shown on the inverter display. App says we’ve used only around 1.5kWh all day, which is sadly miles out!

Additionally - the battery is fully charged, but seems unable to discharge. We went all through the night, but kept 100% charge on battery whilst drawing 3-4kwh from the grid.

It all seems to be a bit messed up! Some advice would be hugely appreciated.

Advice over the phone from the installer was to make sure the dip switch is set to G83 for the UK. That’s it!

Back