diy solar

diy solar

New JBD BMS compatible Bluetooth App

Wow, looking forward to V2. Just downloaded this version, simply having the run time remains calculated is awesome. That doesn't display on the stock JBD app.

Anyone aware of a way to push the BMS data to the cloud (AWS S3 for example). Would be cool to have Lambda functions run against the incoming data and alert via AWS SES service. Would also offer the ability to see the data remotely when not at the location of the batteries.

Wow, looking forward to V2. Just downloaded this version, simply having the run time remains calculated is awesome. That doesn't display on the stock JBD app.

Anyone aware of a way to push the BMS data to the cloud (AWS S3 for example). Would be cool to have Lambda functions run against the incoming data and alert via AWS SES service. Would also offer the ability to see the data remotely when not at the location of the batteries.
Actually, the stock latest JBD app also displays remaining runtime. If you want to push to the cloud, you're going to have to tether it to an ESP32 or Raspberry Pi. Check out this thread

I am also working on my own implementation

Actually, the stock latest JBD app also displays remaining runtime. If you want to push to the cloud, you're going to have to tether it to an ESP32 or Raspberry Pi. Check out this thread

I am also working on my own implementation
@lincomatic I don't see the remaining runtime in the app. Figure it would be on the main screen, not buried somewhere. Interested in what your implementation is also, can you send me a link it if separate from the other you provided.IMG_2110.PNG

@lincomatic I don't see the remaining runtime in the app. Figure it would be on the main screen, not buried somewhere. Interested in what your implementation is also, can you send me a link it if separate from the other you provided.

Sorry, it turns out that the remaing runtime is only shown in one of the official apps on Android. I've linked a list of the free apps I found here:

Take a look at my description of the first Android app.

I'm still working on my Prometheus/Grafana implementation. I'll post a new thread when I get it to a point that I can share it.

Last edited:
@lincomatic I don't see the remaining runtime in the app. Figure it would be on the main screen, not buried somewhere. Interested in what your implementation is also, can you send me a link it if separate from the other you provided.
My app has a remaining runtime and remaining chargetime calculation built in. It has nearly the same features as the app you are currently using.

Hey, iOS Developer of this app here

Thanks for your feedback. I have received many messages about this feature. I will soon start on version 2.0 of my app and this will be fixed by then!

If anyone else has feedback for my app or any other feature requests i can happily think about implementing those!
Cheers from Germany
I know this is resurecting an old thread, but I can't find any other contact info for the developer. Great App! It does almost everything that is needed. I ran into a situation today I needed to use the Xiaoxiang app for. After discharging my new battery for the first time the AH gauge needed to be zeroed. If there's a way to do it with SmartBMS Utility I couldn't figure out how. It would be nice to have the capabilty hidden in the setting tab so you have to go looking for it.

Back