New Lux Power LXP-LB-US 12k / GSL-H-12KLV-US with 200A AC Passthrough Current (US Market)

fromport

Solar Addict
I have both a megarevo & luxpower AIO hybrid inverters.
I have a lot of (software) issues with the MR, none with LP.
Also the easy way to get support from LP is a breeze compared to MR.
I paid 2x the price for the LP (12K AC) vs my MR (8K AC): Double the price for 150% of the performance.

Pros:
MR
- has 2 load parts with load shedding possibility, so if battery goes below certain % SoC, you can easily dump the big loads and go to essential
only.
- cheap
LP
- has 200Amp pass through (like SA) , so easy for whole house backup as long as your load does not go > 12k Watt or
use multiple units in parallel.
- integrated RSD transmitter
- very active/response support and no language issues

Cons:
MR:
- Unless you put multiple units in parallel (currently software limits to 4) no more than 8kW of power available, with or without grid.
- very difficult to get support directly from manufacturer.
eg: suggested some spelling corrections, and got told "contact corporate"
LP:
Can't think of anything in _my_ particular setup.

Last edited:

elusivesd

Solar Enthusiast
I would love to however with all the bad press these hybrids are getting; I haven’t made any purchases yet. I cringe at the idea that a company overseas might be able to change, turn on or turn off power. For those with links… why not turn off the link? On top of all this; how can ul approvals be issued with these types of issues? I might have answered my own question; we have the best government money can buy!!
No fud here. Read all the posts with all the problems people are having. Not limited to this thread…. Great you aren’t having issues; others are. Mabe the manufacturer’s don’t understand the us market (like another said) of just a rush to get product out; these have issues! If things were all Rosie… this thread wouldn’t be this long…this is bad press

Ok, so in just a few lines, here's a quick tally:
- Company "might" be able to change settings / turn off power
- How could this have possibly passed UL? Government was paid off! That must be it...
- "people" are having problems, in more than one thread
- Maybe the manufacturers don't understand the US market
- Maybe the product was rushed to release
- These have issues! (?)
- If things were all good, this thread wouldn't be this long. Yes, thread length is obviously correlated to product quality.
- This is bad press. Yeah, nobody on this thread has ever said anything good about this inverter...

I don't know what your definition of FUD is, but this is clearly FUD to anyone reading it. If you have questions about the inverter, there are plenty on here capable of answering what it can or can't do. Pretty much everything above has been a negative statement with zero substance, about a product you have no personal experience with.

If you are genuinely curious about the product, add more detail to your request. Ask for clarification on other posts. I'm not clear to what your end goal is here...

Sticky1

Solar Enthusiast
Why can’t you use multiple lux inverters in parallel?

In response to the post you just made. I assume fud is/are derogatory remarks Re guarding the product(s). Not from experience and never claimed to have that in this field; however reading; software, grounding, and customer service are the biggest complaints across the board for all hybrids

Last edited:

fromport

Solar Addict
Why can’t you use multiple lux inverters in parallel?
Nobody says you can't.
Could it be you just this is just in your mind?
In response to the post you just made. I assume fud is/are derogatory remarks Re guarding the product(s). Not from experience and never claimed to have that in this field; however reading; software, grounding, and customer service are the biggest complaints across the board for all hybrids

You seem to respond like a bot. Are you one ?

elusivesd

Solar Enthusiast
FUD == Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt. Comments do not need to be negative to be considered FUD.

software, grounding, and customer service are the biggest complaints across the board for all hybrids
Wow, ALL hybrids? I guess we shouldn't use them at all then. Again, specifics.

Echoing the sentiment from @fromport. Parallel inverters are possible, just read the thread without stopping at the first comment hinting of any sort of problem, or ask support directly. Back to the point - do you even have a specific configuration requiring the power output of multiple inverters?

tyrone

You can unplug the wifi dongle once you register it. And when you have to update the inverter just plug it in back….
With the wifi dongle not connected to the internet it will not save any data of the inverter…
I haven't done this but it should also work. Consider changing the gateway IP address of your dongle to an IP other than your actual gateway IP (e.g. change 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.250). That way, it would not be able to get to the internet. However, you will still be able to monitor the inverter with the Android/iOS apps on your local network by selecting local connect.

Attachments

• LuxpowerWiFi.png
    LuxpowerWiFi.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 10

elusivesd

Solar Enthusiast
I haven't done this but it should also work. Consider changing the gateway IP address of your dongle to an IP other than your actual gateway IP (e.g. change 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.250). That way, it would not be able to get to the internet. However, you will still be able to monitor the inverter with the Android/iOS apps on your local network by selecting local connect.

I haven't done this yet, but what about changing the network setting from TCP Client => TCP Server? I don't see any other way to 'disable' calling home, but this should be just as effective, and will still work with DHCP.

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 10.24.38 AM.png

koppted

Solar Enthusiast
I spoke to the USA dealer i bought my unit from today.
He said the software to parallel inverters currently can go up to 3 units.
There is also another software upgrade available to do AC coupling (he showed me a video of an SMA string inverter AC coupled to the LP.
Currently there seems not (yet) be a software version that does AND parallel AND AC coupling for the LP (& oem) inverters.
I have asked to upgrade my LP to the AC coupling firmware.
Once done, I will hookup a few IQ8 micro inverters and do some testing.
Problem is as always I have a full schedule with my work so not much time during the day when the sun is shining ;-)
Which USA dealer did you buy it from, and for what price?

elusivesd

Solar Enthusiast
Does anyone have this inverter grid tied with all 200amps pass-through?
I am grid tied, but only have a few circuits on a 50A breaker'd CL panel passed through from the EPS port. For all intents and purposes, behavior of circuits on the CL panel will be identical to a full 200A passthrough, just at a smaller scale.

Do you have any specific questions or concerns about the pass-through? My only issue really is the switchover time from grid-down detection => loads powered by inverter is just long enough to reboot my computer. Easily solved by adding a small UPS to that outlet. Everything else - TV, router, etc. keep going without needing an additional UPS.

jjfmetal123

I am grid tied, but only have a few circuits on a 50A breaker'd CL panel passed through from the EPS port. For all intents and purposes, behavior of circuits on the CL panel will be identical to a full 200A passthrough, just at a smaller scale.

Do you have any specific questions or concerns about the pass-through? My only issue really is the switchover time from grid-down detection => loads powered by inverter is just long enough to reboot my computer. Easily solved by adding a small UPS to that outlet. Everything else - TV, router, etc. keep going without needing an additional UPS.
Thanks man, im just trying to figure how i wanna install it. I have went back and forth on how i wanna install it, i think I'm gonna go this route with a 125amp backup panel

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230123_095117.jpg
    Screenshot_20230123_095117.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 20

koppted

Solar Enthusiast
You and fromport are right. Sorry that it took me so long to realize it and stop focusing on the negative posts.

The GSL inverters are actually programmed to do exactly what I'm trying to do without an additional automatic transfer switch. When there is no power outage, the bypass relay is letting the existing system work as if the GSL inverters are not even there. When there is a power outage, the GT inverters and the GSL inverters relay disconnect from the grid, and the GSL inverter and batteries act as an UPS. When the batteries need charging during a power outage, the GSL can shift the frequency to activate the GT inverters to charge the batteries till they are full. If the batteries need charging when there is no power outage, the GSL will act as a battery charger with power from either the GT inverters or the grid. It seems that the 2 GSL inverters can do everything that I want now plus has the ability to provide 24 KW of additional power from future solar panels.
have you tested your 2 gsl inverters in parallel, or is that still in the offing?

elusivesd

Solar Enthusiast
Thanks man, im just trying to figure how i wanna install it. I have went back and forth on how i wanna install it, i think I'm gonna go this route with a 125amp backup panel
Transferring circuits to a new panel is no fun, so if you have the capability to connect your main service line (after meter) directly to the GSL GRID port, and EPS output back to the main panel, that would be ideal. I tried looking for something to basically replace my main 200A breaker with lugs on the input/output for this purpose, but I'm not sure if any such device exists, especially UL listed.

jjfmetal123

Transferring circuits to a new panel is no fun, so if you have the capability to connect your main service line (after meter) directly to the GSL GRID port, and EPS output back to the main panel, that would be ideal. I tried looking for something to basically replace my main 200A breaker with lugs on the input/output for this purpose, but I'm not sure if any such device exists, especially UL listed.
"Transferring circuits to a new panel is no fun"
I' m not looking forward to it but unfortunately that might be my best option

"so if you have the capability to connect your main service line (after meter) directly to the GSL GRID port, and EPS output back to the main panel, that would be ideal"
I wish i could but my meter is on the backside of my main 200amp panel and there is no disconnect between the two.

Not Aerosmith

Solar Enthusiast
have you tested your 2 gsl inverters in parallel, or is that still in the offing?
No, I have not tested the 2 GSL inverters. I believe that I need a battery for my system to work, since my GT inverters are unable to modulate only on or off (not the UL certification with SA). I have bought a GSL 48v 14KWh 280 Ah battery and still waiting for shipment. I intend to go all-in and replace two existing GT inverters with two new GSL inverters. If the GSL inverters are unable to parallel and AC couple, I will need to disconnect the remaining GT inverter and connect all 19KW solar panels to the new GSL inverters. I still have some hope that when I receive the battery that maybe, the GSL inverters can parallel and AC couple. If so, I will leave one GT inverter working. I'm 76 not DIY, so baby steps or experimenting is not an option for me, I need to hire a contractor to install it ... so I have reasons to be cautious when making decisions.

koppted

Solar Enthusiast
No, I have not tested the 2 GSL inverters. I believe that I need a battery for my system to work, since my GT inverters are unable to modulate only on or off (not the UL certification with SA). I have bought a GSL 48v 14KWh 280 Ah battery and still waiting for shipment. I intend to go all-in and replace two existing GT inverters with two new GSL inverters. If the GSL inverters are unable to parallel and AC couple, I will need to disconnect the remaining GT inverter and connect all 19KW solar panels to the new GSL inverters. I still have some hope that when I receive the battery that maybe, the GSL inverters can parallel and AC couple. If so, I will leave one GT inverter working. I'm 76 not DIY, so baby steps or experimenting is not an option for me, I need to hire a contractor to install it ... so I have reasons to be cautious when making decisions.
Thanks for responding. I would test them out still before replacing your existing unit. I understand you can't test parallel without batteries but at least test the units individually.

GRV0423

Solar Addict
You can replace your existing grid tie inverter with the GSL inverter now, without batteries it will work just like your grid tie inverter. I already tested this while I worked on my DIY Battery. And when your battery comes all you have to do is connect your battery and change the setting on the inverter.