diy solar

diy solar

New Lux Power LXP-LB-US 12k / GSL-H-12KLV-US with 200A AC Passthrough Current (US Market)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case this is not the thread where another Forum member already posted this video:

I’ve been looking at the Luxpower inverter offerings more closely and while some of them clearly appear to be identical to Huayu offerings, not all of them appear to be (and in particular not the model that started this thread).

Here is the Luxpower SNA 3-5K: https://luxpowertek.com/eco-hybrid-sna

Look closely at the picture and it appears identical to the Huayu HYL5000: https://luxpowertek.com/eco-hybrid-sna

And it’s 3kW variant: https://m.huayu-solar.com/off-grid/...3kw-off-grid-home-battery-solar-inverter.html

And the LXP Hybrid 4-6K: https://m.huayu-solar.com/off-grid/...3kw-off-grid-home-battery-solar-inverter.html

sure looks oks the same as the Huayu HYH-6K-Pro-HV: https://m.huayu-solar.com/hybrid-in...6kw-hybrid-inverter-for-hv-solar-battery.html

or it’s Low Voltage brethren: https://m.huayu-solar.com/hybrid-in...6kw-hybrid-inverter-for-lv-solar-battery.html

These inverters also have variants down to 4kW and below: https://m.huayu-solar.com/hybrid-in...4kw-hybrid-inverter-for-lv-solar-battery.html

But I cannot find any Huayu offerings that match the LXP Hybrid-12K that motivated adamantium to launch this tread: https://luxpowertek.com/lxp-hybrid-12k

Huayu’s only 12K hybrid offerings look identical to their lower-powered variants: https://m.huayu-solar.com/hybrid-in...v/12kw-hybrid-inverter-for-lv-home-solar.html

And the display with integrated buttons on the LXP Hybrid-12K looks markedly different that that on all of their other offerings and the Huayu offerings including the HYH-12K-NA

So while there is a high likelihood that manny/most of the lower-powered hybrid offerings from LXP are rebadged Huayu hybrids (or at least manufactured by Huayu), that appears far less likely to be the case with the LXP Hybrid-12K model (which I agree is the most interesting member of the family).

I’ll be eagerly monitoring this thread to see when we get our first LXP hybrid owners here on the Forum.

Will be interested to hear when these are available for sale here in the US.

Sure will be, if they are UL certified for building use. We have enough non UL listed stuff we can't use.

Sure will be, if they are UL certified for building use. We have enough non UL listed stuff we can't use.
Yeah, no body is going to be a Solark-killer until they have all the same certifications Solark has passed…

As I mentioned earlier in this thread GSL is a reseller. They are known for their storage systems. They recently got into inverters to compliment their storage system offerings. Your information about GSL inverters and Deye was accurate last year, but inaccurate this year. They can't be selling Deyes to North America if SolArk has exclusive rights to do so. You stated that above. Have you talked with the owner of GSL, or the CEO of LuxPower?
GSL is the manufacturer on the GSL branded 12kw Hybrid inverter. I have their documentation and I've confirmed with their CEO that they have manufactured this and are selling directly.
Edited: Later in my conversation with them, they said they developed it jointly with LUX.

Last edited:
But I cannot find any Huayu offerings that match the LXP Hybrid-12K that motivated adamantium to launch this tread: https://luxpowertek.com/lxp-hybrid-12k

Huayu’s only 12K hybrid offerings look identical to their lower-powered variants: https://m.huayu-solar.com/hybrid-in...v/12kw-hybrid-inverter-for-lv-home-solar.html

And the display with integrated buttons on the LXP Hybrid-12K looks markedly different that that on all of their other offerings and the Huayu offerings including the HYH-12K-NA

So while there is a high likelihood that manny/most of the lower-powered hybrid offerings from LXP are rebadged Huayu hybrids (or at least manufactured by Huayu), that appears far less likely to be the case with the LXP Hybrid-12K model (which I agree is the most interesting member of the family).

I’ll be eagerly monitoring this thread to see when we get our first LXP hybrid owners here on the Forum.
The Luxpower 12kw and the GSL new 12kw inverters are identical. I chatted the CEO at GSL and he said that Luxpower and GSL developed this inverter jointly. I'm having one shipped, to arrive this next week.

I got internal information, LUX and Huayu agreed to jointly develop the US version of the hybrid inverter 8-10kW, but LXP privately upgraded 12kW on the basis of 10kW and sold it as its own hybrid inverter. If you have violated business ethics, you will be investigated for legal responsibility.

So, not developed by GSL at all, they are just trading companies.

GSL also sells Megarevo hybrid inverters, only now that Megarevo hybrid inverters function badly, they are pissed.

In order to sell more lithium batteries, GSL had to find more hybrid inverters to sell together, so that they could sell more GSL batteries.
I have a Megarevo from GSL since June. It is a piece of junk. GSL has worked many hours to understand why it isn't working at my house. Yesterday they messaged me to tell me the GSL 12kw US Hybrid Inverter is ready to sell in the US and I bought one.
I don't know what kind of business ethics you think I violated, but I was not requested to keep anything secret. I noticed that the LUX and the GSL are identical, as well as the Huayu. I told GSL that I was going to get rid of the Megarevo and get the Huayu. They responded back that their own 12kw inverter is ready to market in Oct, but they do have a shipment of them now that they are sending out to some VIP distributors. They said they would let me buy one. I asked if they manufactured it, they said yes. Later I stated it was identical to the LUX 12kw Hybrid Inverter and they said that LUX and GSL developed it together. Why do you think I have violated business ethics?

What did the GSL 12kw cost?
I can't say because they are taking into consideration that the Megarevo they sold me isn't satisfactory. My guess is that it will be around the same price as the Huayu, which is $4500 + shipping.

I think time will prove this will likely be a decent inverter (possibly after the bugs are worked out).

I thought about going this direction myself, but after watching all the MR issues, I didn't want to be a first adopter, especially with another 100% Chinese company. By the time shipping and fees were added in, it was within $2,000 of what I could buy the SA 15k for (less if cash back on my cc was included). Spending the extra money for the SA seemed like a no-brainer given their historic reliability, amazing customer and technical service, US based parts and service, and the inverter being more capable overall. Not to mention the SA was already in use in the field and could be delivered from the US shipper in less than a week. The final nail in the coffin was watching a fellow forum member get jerked around for months trying to buy the 10k from Huayu, and another having major issues replacing a bad inverter from another Chinese based company. I just didn't want to risk dealing with any of these things to save 25% and still have to worry about potential service issues in the future.

I don't regret this decision at all as I feel the extra money was well spent for piece of mind, but I suspect this new 12k from Lux will be a decent inverter for the price-point.

GSL is the manufacturer on the GSL branded 12kw Hybrid inverter. I have their documentation and I've confirmed with their CEO that they have manufactured this and are selling directly.
Edited: Later in my conversation with them, they said they developed it jointly with LUX.
Glad to see another voice supporting this inverter. I think it is wonderful that there is an alternative developing as a competitor to SolArk. If it turns out to be as good as they say, it will be a great inverter hopefully at a better price point. As I said before, I am waiting for more information to be provided by GSL. They currently have the inverter displayed as part of their splash screen now, but the webpage for the inverter still hasn't been published, and their older 12k and 15k inverters are still on their website. They sent me an unpublished webpage link that doesn't really provide any new information. They say that the inverter will be published on their website sometime in October.

Now to clarify some things again. It is clear to me that GSL is not the manufacturer of this inverter no matter what they say. I was told the same things a couple of months ago when I talked with their CEO. The word manufacturer could be interpreted several ways. LuxPower is the engineering organization behind this inverter. GSL is the reseller. I have no idea and don't care who the actual fabricator is. What I know is that the only way to buy this inverter currently is through GSL. Think about it though. What kind of electrical engineering depth does GSL have? How many inverters have they designed before? How many electrical engineers do they employ that can engineer a complex hybrid inverter if they have never done it before? What kind of manufacturing facilities are required to fabricate the motherboard? Why would an inverter engineering company who already has electrical engineers and the expertise designing inverters need GSL's help? Does anyone really believe GSL and LuxPower sat in a room designing the schematics together?

What I think has happened is that GSL contacted LuxPower to develop them a new inverter. They probably worked with LuxPower to define the functional requirements and assisted in testing early development samples. They probably have an exclusive agreement in some form to sell the product. That is their contribution, and in that sense they are a co-developer, but they didn't do all the hard design work. Proof of this is the many references to LuxPower in the draft GSL user's manual that I pointed out before. If GSL is the manufacturer would they have written the manual with LuxPower all over the inside? Would there be two manuals - one from LuxPower that has no reference to GSL in it, and another nearly identical manual from GSL, that still references LuxPower and hasn't been released? I hope now we can stop debating who the designer of this inverter is. Its not Deye, Huayu, Megarevo or GSL. But from what I have been able to gather, GSL is the exclusive distributor of this model. Its basically the same relationship between SolArk and Deye.

Now for an update, I have been told by GSL that the UL certificate has been issued at this point. They reference this on an unlinked webpage they sent to me, but the text of the certificates they mention is too small to read. There is a visible reference to an ACM certificate though. I don't know if this is a certificate for their battery systems or for this inverter. The certificate number is 22ACM16040Q if anyone wants to investigate it. I have requested information from the ACM but haven't received anything back yet. You can request information about it at acmcert.com. I am trying to get an image of the UL certificate as well like I did for their other models. They have been selling the inverter in limited quantities, and as I explained before are ramping up production each month. The models they are selling are currently in the LuxPower color scheme without the LuxPower logo. This will probably change to match their screen shots before they do a public announcement. I am guessing that is in October. They have sold several hundred units at this point.

I will be very interested to hear how @Hrschk purchase goes. It will be good to get real hands on the inverter and perspective on its features. By the way, how did you get it shipped in a week?

I will be very interested to hear how @Hrschk purchase goes. It will be good to get real hands on the inverter and perspective on its features. By the way, how did you get it shipped in a week?
I won't be able to use all of the functionality because currently I'm offgrid (can't find a licensed electrician to grid-tie me). They are shipping it air this evening (their Friday). So, it should be here probably Tues/Wed.

Info from GSL says the first real production run will be end of October.

Attachments

• GSL-H-12KLV-US.jpeg
    GSL-H-12KLV-US.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 44
I won't be able to use all of the functionality because currently I'm offgrid (can't find a licensed electrician to grid-tie me). They are shipping it air this evening (their Friday). So, it should be here probably Tues/Wed.

Info from GSL says the first real production run will be end of October.
Yea I have images of the same. That's the LuxPower color scheme I mentioned rather than the GSL color scheme they have been putting in the materials. I don't know why they have the hinges on the access panel. Only recently have I seen that. The LuxPower model doesn't have that and none of their images show hinges. The panel is just supposed to detach. They have sent me images with hinges and without hinges in the brown colors. Please post an image of yours when you get it next week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back