diy solar

diy solar

New Lux Power LXP-LB-US 12k / GSL-H-12KLV-US with 200A AC Passthrough Current (US Market)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, yes my fingers are a bit too big for the front panel touch screen.

I think I know why the APP wouldn't show all those settings. The customer code LinioTech gave me is for end users.
Edit: just found out that the customer code given by GSL is for end users as well.
I can edit all of my settings with the gsl code. They are all available for editing.

This is the official reply from LuxPower:

So it is currently vaporware and I am deeply disappointed.
there we go, 3 similar responses saying it’s not there, however coming.

Although not evident in literature, website, what have you they are all saying the same thing. No lies, or beating around the bush when asked. I was told before I made the purchase and this combined with great sales support through my purchase process means a lot as many other resellers (more in the battery space) are shady…. My 2 cents worth

Here is my test setup
8 x 520W Bi-facial Jingko panel tilt 60 degree (on only one string MPPT #3)
30 KWh LIFEPO4 battery set up as a lead acid on LUX inverter

Output at 12am near mid day
PV = 3761W
Grid = 3542W
Inverter = 37W
Bat charging =112W
DC / AC conversion efficeincy = 3542 / (3761-37-112) = 98.06% (my rough calculation)

NOTICE: the error on the battery voltage reading of 53.5V (lower than actual by 0.6V).
This will cause overcharging of the batteries connected to this inverter.

LUX1.JPG
Cap2
LUX2.JPG

Last edited:
Here is my test setup
8 x 520W Bi-facial Jingko panel tilt 60 degree (on only one string MPPT #3)
30 KWh LIFEPO4 battery set up as a lead acid on LUX inverter

Output at 12am near mid day
PV = 3761W
Grid = 3542W
Inverter = 37W
Bat charging =112W
DC / AC conversion efficeincy = 3542 / (3761-37-112) = 98.06% (my rough calculation)

NOTICE: the error on the battery voltage reading of 53.5V (lower than actual by 0.6V).
This will cause overcharging of the batteries connected to this inverter.

View attachment 117678
Cap2
View attachment 117680
If your batteries are Lithium, won't their BMS shut down and not allow over charging? ARe your batteries not compatible, in Lithium mode, with the LuxPowerTek?

Have anyone actually received 10KW 200A lithium power wall batteries sent by air freight from China?

Have anyone actually received 10KW 200A lithium power wall batteries sent by air freight from China?
I can't answer that question directly, but I can tell you that the two times I have had them send stuff via Air, I got tracking numbers immediately and were able to verify the shipments that way.

I can't answer that question directly, but I can tell you that the two times I have had them send stuff via Air, I got tracking numbers immediately and were able to verify the shipments that way.
"SIZE DON'T MATTER";) have you received lithium batteries by air? Sometimes people tell me that lithium can only be sent by boat and others have said by air or boat.

If your batteries are Lithium, won't their BMS shut down and not allow over charging? ARe your batteries not compatible, in Lithium mode, with the LuxPowerTek?
The BMS is not compatible and is not connected to the inverter.
I think the BMS eventual shut down. But for Lead Acid or batteries without BMS, this error can be dangerous. They should fix this bug.
----
On a second thought, this might just be a defect on the unit I get only.
Anyone notices this problem?
Also the grid voltage reading is also off by about 1 volt (lower).

"SIZE DON'T MATTER";) have you received lithium batteries by air? Sometimes people tell me that lithium can only be sent by boat and others have said by air or boat.
Yes, they can be shipped by air.

Yes, they can be shipped by air.

Lithium power wall batteries can't be shipped by air nor in rack batteries over 35kg. At least that what I understood from the ATTA document that you sent. Yes, lithium batteries can be shipped by air in accordance with ATTA regulatory requirements and weigh less than 35kg can be shipped by air only on CAO (Cargo Aircraft Only).

Again has anyone received lithium power wall batteries or in rack batteries over 35 kg shipped from China by air in the last 3 years?

Last edited:
Has anyone put a clamp on theirs yet to check idle consumption?

I just hooked it up to the grid it and says it is drawing 39 watts from the grid
View attachment 117703
I just saw this after I posted. It would be interesting to see this verified with a clamp meter. If accurate this looks like it's less than half of what the SA 15k is using? If so, that's impressive!

I just saw this after I posted. It would be interesting to see this verified with a clamp meter. If accurate this looks like it's less than half of what the SA 15k is using? If so, that's impressive!
Another disappointment (for me) :
Hooked up my clamp meter : 1.09 amp @ 240V ac = 261 VA :-(
luxpower_idle_usage_at_240Volt_AC.jpg

What is the draw on a SA?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back