diy solar

diy solar

"New" Panasonic 3.7v, 94 Ah cells enroute

ereams65

Solar Enthusiast
Not sure if anyone else has seen these or taken a gamble on them. From Ebay;

I'm fully anticipating having to drill and tap for posts, however, when I asked the Seller if they had been tapped or had posts the response, "You can connect with busbars and screws" so we'll see. They didn't show a picture in the listing of a battery with posts. These are the NCM chemistry so they're better at "power cells". I built a 100Ah pack for my 36v golf cart using the 25Ah version and I love them for that purpose. I ordered 14 of these to build a 48v pack for my other golf cart. I'll update the thread when they come in and I can see what's what and hopefully do some capacity testing. They accepted $60.00 each including shipping or 14 for $840.00 so I figure if shipping was $50.00 that would put the cell at $56.00 each which if they are as advertised, "new", then definitely worthwhile for my needs.

Got my phone call and then text message yesterday that I was anticipating; the terminals are not threaded. The person answering the questions on the Seller's side assumed, but when he reached out to the folks truly in the know, he was gracious enough to reach out to me and offer a refund right off the bat. So, that made me feel good, even though I have no interest in a refund, because I was kind of already anticipating this info. However, what he did offer, and I accepted, was that he is sending me the complete pack in the factory EV case, because these are already configured 14S, 48v. It will come with the factory BMS wires & BMS, so it should be easy to tap into and I won't even need to drill. Just wanted to update this thread incase others are interested in non-48v configs. They do have the ability to drill and tap, evidently, I just chose to receive the whole pack so if inquiring, ask about that option.

Dunno, I like my LFE or LI-ION cheap,
Littokala 100 AH cells run less than $40 shipped to USA, these are LFE, I received mine in less than 2 months, that would be my first choice over these.

I never found them that cheap. I found them to where the cost was about $48.00 per cell and at 16S, put them within $70 of what these are. For golfcarts, we can benefit from the higher amp draw. But you should share a link for anyone else that comes along that may prefer the LifePo4 cells.

I never found them that cheap. I found them to where the cost was about $48.00 per cell and at 16S, put them within $70 of what these are. For golfcarts, we can benefit from the higher amp draw. But you should share a link for anyone else that comes along that may prefer the LifePo4 cells.

it has gone up a little,
check out this thread, I did not know about it also, I found it here and jumped on it,

git em now, 16s will be less than 800 and 1C draw is ok from what I have read,

What is your MAX draw at 48v?

Buy ONLY from Littokala official store page and USE your Credit Card pls.

Alternate you can do a GROUP by from Michael here on this website, look at the sale sub forum pls.

Yeah I've talked to Michael a bunch and plan to order the lifepo4 for the home storage system, or what I call "Hurrican Preparedness" (I'm a Floridian). But the cart is undergoing some pretty serious amperage upgrades to both the controller and the motor and I'm anticipating an up to 400amp draw occassionally. I used these similar cells but in smaller capacity on my 36v cart and I'm extremely pleased. The weight advantage and the available power is a big benefit in the golfcart world. Stock carts do well on the 100Ah lifepo's from what I'm seeing. It's only when folks aren't getting a capable BMS and use the 400-600 amp controllers where they're starting to fail. Then again, I've never understood spending hundreds of dollars (if not thousands) on battery cells to turn around and spend $50 on the system designed to protect them, lol. But, as they say, to each their own.

Well, they were just delivered to the house, so I'll know more this afternoon when I get home. Cross your fingers.

Each cell came in at exactly 3.59v, so far claim of "new" may be accurate. You can see where they cut the pack in the last pic, along with the laser welded busbars. I'm going to need to drill into those bars to attach a bridge wire to complete the Series connection since they're now two 24v. batteries. I like the fact that the factory case has those threaded studs at the main negative and main positive. Each series connection has a tab for connecting BMS wires that was also built into the laser welded busbars so that'll make that part easy. The big drawback for a lot of people is there are no threads in these cells or posts of any kind. THey were made for the BMW and laser welded into whatever voltage pack that car uses by the factory so no need to weld posts, etc. If you're not using these for 24v or 48v applications, it may be a challenge to remove them and reconfigure unless you have a way to laser weld connections.

Attachments

• Batt2.jpg
    Batt2.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 23
  • batt3.jpg
    batt3.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 21
This battery is very good. I bought it to build 88v battery bank and I used for my existing system 2 mouth ago. Now I re-wire 48v to use with outback skybox inverter for my brother. I have some left on my project for sell if someone want it. here my battery box on wheel
Very nice. Are you selling a 48v pack or individual cells?

I found a YouTube video where a guy drills and taps each pad to put posts in. It’s entirely in an Asian language so I have no idea what he said but it was informative nonetheless

I ended up drilling through the laser welded busbars and attached a copper busbar of my own. BMS is attached and she’s ready to go in the cart

Attachments

• 71F82025-A0FF-45D0-8044-8D00B4300E57.jpeg
    71F82025-A0FF-45D0-8044-8D00B4300E57.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 21
Back