diy solar

diy solar

New PV Keeper 2.0 for Growatt Inverters

I sure don't like flying blind not being able to see what inverter is doing. I couldn't get the Growatt wifi dongle to work either and it was on the previous inverter too.

I have the Solar assistant working today. PV Keeper is out.
Did Solar assistant keep working for you? I just purchased a SPF 6000T DVM-MPV that did not ship with a cd and Im not getting anywhere in my requests for a replacement. After reading these threads im starting to worry that I made the wrong choice on the inverter. Do I need to be an electrical engineer AND a software developer to run this thing?

Thanks, I’m at the cabin today about to energize, wish me luck! If you don’t hear from me again in five days tell my mother I love her! ⚡⚡

Loaded the new 2.0 version of PV Keeper this morning and wanted to share-'
1st Win10 flags this PVKeeperV2.0.exe as a Trojan Virus, per Ian and victor its ok to disable
Win Defender and load, researched on Google and loaded it - works.
2nd PV Keeper no longer interfere's with Bms Tools for my Gyll Batteries - YEA. Both programs
use usb dongles and were interfering with each other, fix was to make sure Usb-Serial CH340 (Gyll) has
a lower com port #, this way when You open BMS Tools it scans the lower ports 1st. Silcon Labs is PV Keeper
driver. You will need permission Ian at Watt247 to download the new version.
Watts247.com/manuals/gw/ - software cd - pvkeeper 2.0, Joe.

View attachment 31517
I am still having trouble to connect to pv keeper 2.0... can you tell me the cable used, and the drivers needed? I have been trying to use ginverter support, but there seems to be perhaps a language barrier, thank for your help.

I am still having trouble to connect to pv keeper 2.0... can you tell me the cable used, and the drivers needed? I have been trying to use ginverter support, but there seems to be perhaps a language barrier, thank for your help.
I'm curious also .. I've connected mine via the supplied USB cable usb to usb. The software fire up just fine but I cannot select a com port ..

I'm curious also .. I've connected mine via the supplied USB cable usb to usb. The software fire up just fine but I cannot select a com port ..
You do need to install the driver for the CP210 communications chip in the inverter. Here is a link to drivers for the chip https://www.silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers?tab=downloadsn

Look in your windows device manager after installing the driver, you can see what comm port has been assigned to it, then select that port in PVkeeper.

I gave up on PVkeeper long ago and went with Solar Assistant, that has worked fantastic.

You do need to install the driver for the CP210 communications chip in the inverter. Here is a link to drivers for the chip https://www.silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers?tab=downloadsn

Look in your windows device manager after installing the driver, you can see what comm port has been assigned to it, then select that port in PVkeeper.

I gave up on PVkeeper long ago and went with Solar Assistant, that has worked fantastic.
Finally got it connected ..You are correct as a monitoring software it's not much

Finally got it connected ..You are correct as a monitoring software it's not much
Glad you got it going !! The big problem with PVkeeper is that it crashes quite often. I don't believe Growatt has ever resolved that.

I’ll tell you s something, solar-assistant.io with a raspi is absolutely PHENOMINAL! Drop this software and get this solution. Holy, moly, I love it.

There is a new version V3.0 at amosplanet, but it was removed from Gdrive due to terms violation
Anyone here is able to download it?

There is a new version V3.0 at amosplanet, but it was removed from Gdrive due to terms violation
Anyone here is able to download it?
I looked to see if it could be downloaded, but I could not find the link. Looks like there is a new version but not yet available. Is PVkeeper official GroWatt software?

Back