diy solar

diy solar

New RD6024 power supply?

How can a 1500 watt supply be incompatible, if it meets their spec of less than 70v input. I know a peak voltage spike will fry it from using a cheap power supply. Just use their little equation to limit max output. Of course they recommend their supply, also their 1200w will only give me 1000w using USA 110 voltage. Seems like a shame to have something rated at 1440W output and only feed it 1000W.

Do you have a link to these youtube videos. I saw other posts on another website somewhere, using various types of 1400-1500w supplies, with pics and everything.
Rd Tech specifically warns against them (too big of a power supply)
the Rden 6024 is a precision buck converter that can act as a bench power supply when paired up with the right smps (switchmode power supply)

the 6024 is not designed to accept over 65 volts I believe... don't quote that as it came from previous research...ask the official vender manufacturer.....
Rd Tech has a site on Aliexpress and also on Alibaba where you can directly ask if the power supply will be compatible....
they specifically say it can do 60 volts or 24 amps and not both
if you go above what the manufacturer says is compatible and try to max it out above what they say is its limit.....you will likely let out the magic smoke..
do not try it...

I do not have the exact video at my finger tips but if you do the research via the manufacturer you will find the same conclusion....
my rd5024 will do 59.9 volts or about 24 amps but not both at the same time
so I can charge a battery of 3.65 x 16cell = 58,4 volts
I have a 1000 watt AC to DC power supply so it will not do 24 amps and 1200 watts was the biggest that rs=d tech recommended so choose not to buy it for another 90 dollars.

the Riden 6024 works with the DC voltage from a separate power supply....

if you buy the case and power supply from Riden or one of their venders you get all the little wires to connect it up.....you will have to figure all the missing parts up yourself if you buy an unsupported power supply,,,buyer beware,,,advise...

you will also need to buy the coin cell battery which is not supplied ( think it is a cr2032).

i bought the Riden 6024,the case, and the power supply all designed each time to work together,,, and you still have to assemble it...but they do work great once you learn how....

i have personally assembled the Riden 6012, the Riden 6018 and the Riden 6024....
I do not try to run over 6o volts >>> they are not designed to do so...
i give credit to justjohn for a some help in the recent past (thank you again just John)
pay it forward as best I can...???

Seems like a shame to have something rated at 1440W output and only feed it 1000W.
I thought the same thing >>>but did not want to ruin an expensive Riden 6024 not designed to do that much,,,, I researched it and ultimately decide to stay with the 1000-watt power supply as I am not going to wire it up to 220-volt power supply..
the Riden 6024 works great.....with the 1000-watt power supply designed for it....

you will also need to buy the coin cell battery which is not supplied ( think it is a cr2032).

I had to look it up, it's a 1220 battery. :)

I highly recommend their supplies. I can tell you, the Lincoiah supplies that were "recommended" by Aliexpress *WILL* kill your unit.

Lasted a little over a month before killing my RD6018. I would stick with the NVV supplies that RUIDENG recommends. Set the power limits as the recommend and be happy. The original RD6012 had an 800 watt supply that would not output the continuous 720 watts needed (actually more due to conversions losses. I modified it and tested it at the full 60 volts X 12 amps as shown here:

See this for the two recommended power supplies, and they instruct you to set the limit to 950 watts.

Honestly, unless you are using a 48v battery pack, there is no need for a different power supply. The NVV are very high quality. Certainly makes an excellent compact unit when assembled.

Last edited:
I had to look it up, it's a 1220 battery. :)

I highly recommend their supplies. I can tell you, the Lincoiah supplies that were "recommended" by Aliexpress *WILL* kill your unit.

Lasted a little over a month before killing my RD6018. I would stick with the NVV supplies that RUIDENG recommends. Set the power limits as the recommend and be happy. The original RD6012 had an 800 watt supply that would not output the continuous 720 watts needed (actually more due to conversions losses. I modified it and tested it at the full 60 volts X 12 amps as shown here:

See this for the two recommended power supplies, and they instruct you to set the limit to 950 watts.

Honestly, unless you are using a 48v battery pack, there is no need for a different power supply. The NVV are very high quality. Certainly makes an excellent compact unit when assembled.
thanks Just John for helping!!! i did not have time to look everything up in my reply....
but the Riden units have worked quite well for me and sticking with their kits and their recommended power supply will be better long term I agree...
I bought the Riden 6024 etc direct from the manufacturer site.... and recently upgrade the power cord to 14 AWG...

Has anyone put their new RD6024 through the paces yet? I just got mine put together and did some basic voltage testing, but nothing to use it on at the moment. Will be working on finishing my battery pack and then I might do some real stress tests.

I purchased a ZJIVNV 60v/25A power supply to use with it. I know Riden doesn't want you to use any power supply other than theirs, but there was no way I was buying a 24A variable supply and not being able to use it fully.

Anyone else?

Struc,

You still out there? You posted this back in March 22

Then this in the end of April 22
Finally been putting my RD6024 through the paces, and it's been working flawlessly, at least once I learned the ins and outs of it.

Note: If you're really going to push it, invest in a 14AWG computer power cord. All I had around was 18ga ones, and they heat up pretty good with that much current running through them. You can buy the TrippLite cord off Amazon for under $10.

Kept blowing my outlet circuit breaker due to other things being on the same circuit, but was able to test full 24A @ 58.4v charging for short periods of time. Been charging @20A for several hours now - cycling the pack a few times just to be sure.

Edit: P.S. I saw in another thread that fork connectors were needed for the RD6018 or previous versions. The RD6024 has knobs that come off the output terminals, so you can use ring connectors. I've got some nice flexible 10awg wire and ring terminals on both ends of my output cables.

How's she holding together with this setup.

Now most of the time I plan on using the 6024 for low wattage applications using my XT60 connection on my portable power station. But I do have two 48v 40ah lifepo4's that I use making toys and such for the grandkids. I also can use them in a pinch to bump up my 2kwh portable power supply to an extra 3.8kwh or so if a hurricane hits or something. I really want a quick charger for those two batteries.

How's she holding together with this setup.

Now most of the time I plan on using the 6024 for low wattage applications using my XT60 connection on my portable power station. But I do have two 48v 40ah lifepo4's that I use making toys and such for the grandkids. I also can use them in a pinch to bump up my 2kwh portable power supply to an extra 3.8kwh or so if a hurricane hits or something. I really want a quick charger for those two batteries.

I have done some additional loading of it beyond what I mentioned there, but not extensive. It's still running flawlessly, though. My solar/battery project got put on hold for a while due to some back issues that were severe and required treatment and then finally surgery, so now that I'm back to normal, I'll be working on things again more regularly.

Hello, first post. Bumping a thread. I just recently ordered a RD6024, no box or power supply. It is enroute from China and I am supposed to get it in a couple weeks. So I need to get a power supply, been looking at the above mentioned ZJIVNV 1500w power supply, seems decent. It is on Amazon right now for $135, link below. The two obvious choices seem to be what they claim to be the 60v/25a and the 72v/20a, yeah their math for watts is not spot on. Both types claim to be adjustable +/- up to 15% on the volts. Which way would you go, I'm leaning to the 72v and adjust it down a bit....I assume the Watts would remain constant and the potential amps would go up a bit, turning it down to say 68v.

For what it's worth, I bought the 60v/25A model and there is a pot next to the connectors for the wire that you can turn it up. I think I set it to 62v and left it there. It works great.

Hello Riden experts,

While looking for a good lab power supply, I first looked at Wanptek then I became interested in Riden thanks to you.

I just requested an offer on their Alibaba site for a complete assembled set RD6024 1440W see the product link below.

Am I right in thinking that this set is indeed equipped with a 1440W power supply (under 220V AC) ?

RD6024_60V_24A_1440W.png

RD6024_1440W_EU_specs.png

The RD6024 has knobs that come off the output terminals, so you can use ring connectors. I've got some nice flexible 10awg wire and ring terminals on both ends of my output cables.

What would be the diameter of the lug? M6? M8?

Can this power supply be used to do a charging capacity/energy test ? (maybe only from the Windows or Android app?)

1700759019801.png

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
the 6024 is not designed to accept over 65 volts I believe... don't quote that as it came from previous research...ask the official vender manufacturer.....

1700778909043.png

How can a 1500 watt supply be incompatible, if it meets their spec of less than 70v input. I know a peak voltage spike will fry it from using a cheap power supply. Just use their little equation to limit max output. Of course they recommend their supply, also their 1200w will only give me 1000w using USA 110 voltage. Seems like a shame to have something rated at 1440W output and only feed it 1000W.

I ask myself the same question, in fact Riden sells this power supply on their Aliexpress store.

RD-1500-68.png

Would there be a problem using a 48V LFP battery as a power source to charge another 24V LFP battery with RD6024 ?

does anyone know the voltage of the fan on the back of the RD6024 (on the back of the pcb)
and is it load/ speed based ? or just when it gets to 8 amps? if just turns on 100%

i wish to tap of the fan supply lines and run a small external fan attached to my case to extract any heat. (i use a separate 1000W switch mode PS)

Thanks!

ok found some details.... just need to know the fan operating voltage?

Cooling fan start condition: Output current>8A or System temperature>45℃
Cooling fan shut down condition: Output current <7.9A and System temperature <45℃

ok found, when the fan comes on it run at 5v

i suppose i could have taken the 2 screws out of the fan and had a look at the fan sticker (probably would have shown me the 5volts rating...)

Last edited:
Back