diy solar

diy solar

New Rockpals 100w folding panels run in series with anderson to mc4 adapter cable?

Lumpy Pickle

Hi all. I have 2 of the new Rockpals 100 watt folding panels and am wondering if I can hook them up in series? I have a Bluetti AC200P coming and I need the voltage to at 35w for it to charge. I have ordered anderson powerpole to mc4 cables so I can wire the rockpals panels in series. Will this work? Is there any danger of frying anything? Thanks in advance.

Hi all. I have 2 of the new Rockpals 100 watt folding panels and am wondering if I can hook them up in series? I have a Bluetti AC200P coming and I need the voltage to at 35w for it to charge. I have ordered anderson powerpole to mc4 cables so I can wire the rockpals panels in series. Will this work? Is there any danger of frying anything? Thanks in advance.
Your AC200 has a MPPT voltage input of 35V to 150V.
You typoed 35watts.
Your Rockpals 100w Vmp should be around 18V so x 2 in series is 36V

Does Rockpal say it is ok to series panels?

What 120 volt appliances are you going to run on the AC200?

200 watts of panels is really not enough to charge a 2000wH AC200.

Thanks for the replies. Rockpals said their panels don't do series but I'm not sure the girl I talked to knew what she was talking about. There is a review from a person on the Rockpals website stating they can be hooked up in series. So not sure what to believe.

Yeah not expecting my 2 panels to charge the AC200P. Just help add to it. I will be using the AC200P mostly for camping running a dometic fridge and lights and perhaps a projector for movies. Will also use it for emergency backup to run the fridge at home if needed.

Back