diy solar

diy solar

New RV, battery advice please.

Thats what I was asking about. I dont think the Daly smart has low-temp.
Only the Overkill solar BMS has the low temp that works.

The Daly Smart has had some problems, but it is my understanding low temp charging protection is a supported feature.

Thats what I was asking about. I dont think the Daly smart has low-temp.
Only the Overkill solar BMS has the low temp that works.
Thank is what I be using on set up already ordered and arrived cannot wait to set it up.

Hi all, just purchased 4x3.2v/280A cells. My largest power draw will be a 2000w inverter, charging is limited to the best of my knowledge to 60A. This may be a stupid question but does the BMS need to handle charging amperage or charge/discharge amperage. Obviously this will greatly change the BMS size.

Hi all, just purchased 4x3.2v/280A cells. My largest power draw will be a 2000w inverter, charging is limited to the best of my knowledge to 60A. This may be a stupid question but does the BMS need to handle charging amperage or charge/discharge amperage. Obviously this will greatly change the BMS size.
Some BMS's have separate ratings for charge/discharge.
Those that do usually have a charge rating of half the discharge rate.
A properly configured battery/BMS is either charging or discharging but not both at simultaneously.
2000 ac watts / .85 conversion factor / 12 volts low cutoff = 196.078431373 service amps.
Your BMS need to have a continuous rating of at least that much.
If its a cheap aliX BMS the continuous rating is usually greatly exaggerated.

Thanks, looking at a Daly 4S 200 or 250A. A little confused about fan or no fan, I do not expect any high load for more than a few minutes (microwave). Are all new Daly‘s low temp charge protected and prices seem to be all over the place. So, 200 or 250 and what should I expect to pay. I just confirmed my highest charging rate is 80A from the Xantrex 2000w freedom XC.

Thanks, looking at a Daly 4S 200 or 250A. A little confused about fan or no fan, I do not expect any high load for more than a few minutes (microwave).
I think the fan is preferable.
Make sure the BMS is user configurable as Daly's default parameters are a bit nuts.
Are all new Daly‘s low temp charge protected and prices seem to be all over the place.
Don't know.
So, 200 or 250 and what should I expect to pay.
Don't know.
Compare with https://www.currentconnected.com/product/daly-sbms/
I believe @HighTechLab can help here.

One question I have, can I balance/charge these batteries individually with a DC power supply.

Back