diy solar

diy solar

New RV setup to be .....

zmakis

Hello Everyone i found this link to this forum after watching this nice Video of William prows
nice and simple setup with nice explanations, I do own an RV and i have a very simple setup of 2x12 (parralel) batteries to feed the main 12volt system while we stop over night .
So we are powered by generator driven from an ONAN 4500w gas gen that chargers the RV 12V batteries a@ night I do switch to a little system that i made that uses a 1000W Xantrex Fleet power Inverter Charger that charges its 4x6 volt connectat as (12vx2) golf batteries, separate so once the Generator is off @ night and we our boon docking we switch over.
Now my 2x12 RV Main Marine grade slow discharge batteries are out of juice being 4 years old.

So far over time the last year i have bought the following units

2 x MWCS-280M Canadian Solar panels
1 x Magnum energy 4000W 24V
2 x VICTRON BATTERY PROTECT BP-220
1 x Sealed Gel Battery 6-EVF-100(12x100Ah/20hr) battery made by TIAN NENG (chinese)

After watching this video
i was thinking to switch the Lead acid Marine batteries to this new technology add solar panels and utilize the above parts mentioned.
I did notice that William mentions that he will not reply to personalized system consultation so i decide to ask in this forum.
I anyone can help me design a new system now that i have to buy new batteries anyway..
Thanks again.

Back