diy solar

diy solar

New Sol Ark 5k 1p

Engineer775 says $4k
"it is a little high, your paying for the name, your paying for the tech support, your paying for the software".......
...arc fault, ground fault....yeah it's expensive. I have both, so once I get the EG4's running my shop, I'll let you know if its worth 3X as much.

...arc fault, ground fault....yeah it's expensive. I have both, so once I get the EG4's running my shop, I'll let you know if its worth 3X as much.
Personally I like the sol ark 12k for easy install and everything the software can do. If you don’t need all the functionality then the price is hard to justify. Ac coupling, limit to home, grid tie, time of use, any type of battery, generator control and input, smart load, ark fault, ground fault, pv disconnect, 4 built in breakers.

It does have Arc Fault which if you need it is hard to come by.
Agree. If you need a fully code compliant all in one, the Sol-Ark seems to be the only choice for the US. Just add RSD.

I guess I'll just keep waiting. $2500.. maybe $3000. $4500, "Too Beaucoup" for me!

This is ridiculous! Sol-Ark is starting to disconnect from users and reality. Why spend $4500 for single phase 120v that can't parallel to output 120/240v, when you can get two Victron Multiplus-II 48v 3000 to output 120/220v for $2,776 and still have $1,722 in spare change to buy whatever you want. Ah, with this inverter you also get more output among other goodies.

This is ridiculous! Sol-Ark is starting to disconnect from users and reality. Why spend $4500 for single phase 120v that can't parallel to output 120/240v, when you can get two Victron Multiplus-II 48v 3000 to output 120/220v for $2,776 and still have $1,722 in spare change to buy whatever you want. Ah, with this inverter you also get more output among other goodies.
Victrons still aren't UL listed iirc

It is a more complete option when it comes to a UL listed install.. assuming this one is listed also. It's still too much money though. At $2,000 I would probably buy them and use them for siding on my house.. one for you, one for you, and one for you!

Also you'd need to get one of the 450/200 victron solar charge controllers
Aha, did u read my post. You have $1,722 left to spend in whatever you want to buy. It might as well be more Victron hardware, lifepo4 battery or ice cream.

Victrons still aren't UL listed iirc

A few of the multiplus are.. I think maybe one of the 12 and 24 volt ones. Only to UL 1741 though. They also don't have any MPPTs with DC arc fault detection or cool red disconnect switches on the side. I like the Victrons, but they really don't seem to care about us over here in the United States. Maybe they don't like our UL Listed protection racket.

Back