diy solar

diy solar

New Solar Setup in Shuttle - 2 EGR Server 24volt 200amp batteries - Could all in one MPP or Growatt work? or should I build my own system?

pchorner

Hey All,
Thank you for taking the time to look at my post.

I am currently building out a shuttle bus and going to try to not have any propane, but instead use electricity for the oven and stove. Because of this I am looking to build a larger system. I am going to build the solar overtime as this will sit on shore for the most part

The following are things I am looking to have:
-Air Conditioning (mainly on shore)
-Shore power hookup to charge
-solar setup with 800 min watts, I would like more
-large enough inverter (thinking 4000watt or more - oven is 1800 watt, and stove uncertain)
-Have DC setup for majority, most likely 24v as much as possible -- curious how to do this if I use an All in one like the Growatt 3k

Currently have:
-24v to 12v converter (if need)
-2 200amp 24v batteries

I have looked into the All in ones by MPP and Growatt, but I am not certain how they work with DC components as all the videos and thigns I have read have the batteries directly connected and of course none of them have a DC output. My guess is a busbar before it goes into the All-in-one which then connects to the 24v->12 convert and the 24v fuse box

My other concern is that I will have 10k watts of power and what All-in-one with a high enough PV input (800watt min) and AC output (3000watt or more min) could even work without being gigantic, expensive, or noisy as hell. I am beginning to think I need to build my own system, but double checking here with you all

Thank you all for your time and help, I so appreciate it!

Please do a comprehensive power audit without exactly how much power you will use altogether and how many watts you “must have” at any given time it’s going to be hard for anyone to give good advice. Getting a good solar setup is like trying to hit the bullseye on a target with very expensive arrows. Without an exhaustive and accurate picture of your needs it’s like hitting a moving target that you can’t see. You have to watch your weight and have limited space on a conversion project. Many things will take priority over the solar setup. You will absolutely have to compromise many times in your build and also in your solar system to end up with best possible finished product. The power audit for your camper is one of the most straightforward, and doable research you can do for your build and once your system is completed will be some of the most productive time spent on the project.

Thank you Bob, Yes I have gone through with one and do believe that this setup will give me what I am looking for with the wattage necessary for several days off grid at full power. I decided the Growatt was a good fit, but now I am looking into understanding how to complete the setup so that the DC 12 and 24 volt components can be setup, I will make a new thread, but yes, I agree, sorry didn't respond sooner

Back