diy solar

diy solar

New solar unit from Taiwan

dreamer

Bought 1000 watt PIP 1012LV-MK MPPT 80 amp, 60 amp AC charger unit from Taiwan. Manual has warning to charge lead-acid deep cycle batteries only. Had already bought Lithium batteries. I was told you can use certain lithium batteries that have temperature and voltage setting cut offs otherwise batteries can be destroyed. Not sure what to do. Has anyone used Lithium batteries with this unit or any other MP solar units.

Poke around in the programming and see if the bulk and float settings can be changed. You'll especially want to disable the equalization phase that applies to lead acid and is bad for LiFePO4.

Just set the battery setting to 'USER', then input the parameter, and make sure to turn off equalization.
Are you connecting PC to the unit to control it?

Thanks for the replies. The MPP unit hasn't arrived but I wanted to know if the lithium batteries would be compatible with the MPP unit. I noticed You Tube Will Prowse is using a lithium battery for his unit. When the unit shows up I'll try the things suggested. I wanted to get ahead of the game that's why I posted my dilemma. The batteries are Renogy Lithium with Reliable BMS System, the state-of-the-art battery management system (BMS) with high-performance dual-processors provides short circuit, over charging and over-temperature protection while maintaining a balanced voltage across all cells................. Flash!!!!!! Just received a message from the seller, Maximumsolar_US:

This is OK.
"Voltage Range:10~14.8 V" -- this tells you the min voltage is 10v so you set low volt cut off = 40V and 14.8v is the max charging voltage so you want to set bulk/float voltage as 14.8*4=59.2v​

Thanks for the replies. The MPP unit hasn't arrived but I wanted to know if the lithium batteries would be compatible with the MPP unit. I noticed You Tube Will Prowse is using a lithium battery for his unit. When the unit shows up I'll try the things suggested. I wanted to get ahead of the game that's why I posted my dilemma. The batteries are Renogy Lithium with Reliable BMS System, the state-of-the-art battery management system (BMS) with high-performance dual-processors provides short circuit, over charging and over-temperature protection while maintaining a balanced voltage across all cells................. Flash!!!!!! Just received a message from the seller, Maximumsolar_US:

This is OK.​

"Voltage Range:10~14.8 V" -- this tells you the min voltage is 10v so you set low volt cut off = 40V and 14.8v is the max charging voltage so you want to set bulk/float voltage as 14.8*4=59.2v​

How are you getting 48v ranges out of a 12v charger?

That was the information I received from MPP solar. I don't have the answer to that question

Back