$55 each panel
100 in stock

These are not mine, but seem like a good deal

Solyndra Solar panels
7ft X 4ft
210 watt new never used.
$55 each panel
100 in stock
Probably never used since Solyndra went bankrupt many years ago. I don't understand how a big 7ft by 4ft solar panel only puts out 210 Watts. If you have plenty of room and don't care about warranty it could be a good deal.

In a windy area, the tubular design could be an advantage.
I have never seen that design. The high voltage will require some care in putting them in strings and/or finding the right Charge Controller. I purchased some used commercial Sunpower panels and had to use an IQ7 micro that could handle the higher voltage.

The vmp is 95V, so wouldn't most MPPT controllers be OK? I sort of want 2 panels , and I'm 40 miles south of Sacramento.

Think of how many industrial flat roofs there are. They are the ideal design, made to mount flat. If they had a few more years to get the costs down it could have been a viable product. They lie flat, low wind loading, snow would easily melt off them, and produce more even output all day like a utility wants.

Last edited:
Those are freaking huge for the power output.

If I already have 400W @ 31V and add two of these in parallel, 400W@90V, would be my voltage at the charge controller be 60V?

If I already have 400W @ 31V and add two of these in parallel, 400W@90V, would be my voltage at the charge controller be 60V?
Too high. According to a post above they are 95 volts. You shouldn't mix panels of different voltages in parallel anyway. A second solar charge controller would be best.

How could I add 2 of these panels to my existing 400W@30V, and keep the SCC under 100V?
as mentioned, you really can't mix the two different panel types

note: when calculating voltage limits of an array to a SCC you use VOC
Voc 125.3V
you need a separate 150v SCC and the panels can be wired in parallel

So the things to consider with these:

They are 120 VOC, but they daisy chain together in parallel (up to 8 I think) with built in cables on both ends. So no need for combiners, or branch connectors, or extra PV wires. Pretty neat.

They are heavy as hell.

They don't get close to putting out the rated wattage. They are designed to have a round production curve, rather than a peak. I think they end up producing the same as a comparable wattage standard panel throughout the day.

They are designed to lay flat, and be self ballast. They need to be installed over a reflective surface (white, or shiny, etc) for best results.

Thank you for putting the location in the subject line, it makes it so much easier to breeze through the ads each morning, much appreciated.

I had 12 of these and mounting hardware given to me, a flat reflective roof to put them on, so I'll see what I can get out of them.

The only thing I have to figure out because I don't know jack about solar panels, is how and if I can hook up 12 of them to my EG4 split phase inverter.

I had 12 of these and mounting hardware given to me, a flat reflective roof to put them on, so I'll see what I can get out of them.

The only thing I have to figure out because I don't know jack about solar panels, is how and if I can hook up 12 of them to my EG4 split phase inverter.
There is a guy on the forum who's put up YouTube videos about Solyndra panels. They are designed for mounting flat on reflective roofs. Ask BradCagle on this thread.

They are designed to lay flat, and be self ballast. They need to be installed over a reflective surface (white, or shiny, etc) for best results.

Since they are 7ft long and cheap, I've actually considered replacing an old fence with these things. Any chance they could be securely/safely "mounted" vertically with some 4x4 or 4x6 posts on either side?

Thanks for posting the videso and sharing.

Since they are 7ft long and cheap, I've actually considered replacing an old fence with these things. Any chance they could be securely/safely "mounted" vertically with some 4x4 or 4x6 posts on either side?

Yeah, I think you could.

I was also thinking of making a decorative fence out of them. Until I found out how fragile they were.

Back