diy solar

diy solar

New Supplier for 280Ah cells: Shenzen Basen

Haugen

Tron God
I did some searching and sent out a Request For Quote on Alibaba looking for a different supplier for 280Ah cells.
I read all about Amy and Xuba. Even with all the guidance, some people still seem to have troubles. Their prices weren't the best, so I ordered my first 4 from UNIS. They work great, but, for some reason, I couldn't get them to send me a new label to replace one that was peeled back in shipping.
Emily from Shenzhen Basen answered my RFQ with an offer of $77.40 per cell. MOQ = 4. She says they are Grade A new cells.
Shipping is $268.00. With the Alibaba service fee, a batch of 16 came up to $1536.53 delivered to my door via FedEx (after they get off the ship).
I ordered two sets of 16.
Now, we wait...

I did some searching and sent out a Request For Quote on Alibaba looking for a different supplier for 280Ah cells.
I read all about Amy and Xuba. Even with all the guidance, some people still seem to have troubles. Their prices weren't the best, so I ordered my first 4 from UNIS. They work great, but, for some reason, I couldn't get them to send me a new label to replace one that was peeled back in shipping.
Emily from Shenzhen Basen answered my RFQ with an offer of $77.40 per cell. MOQ = 4. She says they are Grade A new cells.
Shipping is $268.00. With the Alibaba service fee, a batch of 16 came up to $1536.53 delivered to my door via FedEx (after they get off the ship).
I ordered two sets of 16.
Now, we wait...

I believe their have been a few others who have ordered through Shenzhen Basen. And I have an unfounded hunch that a couple large orders recently placed bought from Basen, but that is just speculation.

Best of luck with the purchase. And happy to see people trying out other sellers. Choice, options, and competition are good things.

Hi,

I bought 18 x 280Ah cells a few weeks ago from Basen, same price. I was going to buy 16, for which I got a price, then decided to go for 18. They didn't charge any extra shipping. Actually, when I worked it out, shipping dropped by $5!

dRdoS7

I was considering just getting 12 cells for my 2nd order, but the shipping was only $10 cheaper. $10 shipping from China is too good of a deal to pass up

All I get is the main page for alibaba... do you have a direct link?

Update, think I found it. Is this the company?

All I get is the main page for alibaba... do you have a direct link?

Update, think I found it. Is this the company?

it appears all the reviews are from their own company workers ?

it appears all the reviews are from their own company workers ?
I don't get it. I didn't think the word "folks" had a translation to chinese.
Screenshot_20200916-113647_Chrome.jpg
And employees misspell the company name. That's always a big hit
Screenshot_20200916-114629_Alibabacom.jpg

Last edited:
Everybody is getting the deals after I placed an order for 66. :LOL:
I paid $100 each including shipping and fees from Deligreen in August.
My batteries should be here in a couple weeks and I will start a thread about them then.
The prices haven't really changed.
My first purchase of 4 from UNIS in April was $75.90 each. After distributing the shipping cost, they came out to $106 each.
These average out to $96 each with shipping.
If I had gone with 12, the price goes up to $99 because shipping becomes more affordable with volume.
I think this forum is keeping the sellers in check by helping our members find the best deals. When one vendor offers a bargain, the others feel the pinch. A bit of capitalism being forced on the Chinese market!

A bit of capitalism being forced on the Chinese market!
Capitalism? Despite their autocratic government, my experience is the Chinese market is very capitalistic. ;)
Perhaps what is happening is Americans are bargaining more than they customarily do in the market.

The prices haven't really changed.
My first purchase of 4 from UNIS in April was $75.90 each. After distributing the shipping cost, they came out to $106 each.
These average out to $96 each with shipping.
If I had gone with 12, the price goes up to $99 because shipping becomes more affordable with volume.
I think this forum is keeping the sellers in check by helping our members find the best deals. When one vendor offers a bargain, the others feel the I pinch. A bit of capitalism being forced on the Chinese market!

For some reason, Alibaba wouldn't let me use a credit card. That limited my options and leverage. Deligreen let me use PayPal.
Deligreen has a good rating too. Better than Xuba actually.

Emily from Shenzhen Basen has indicated that their price will rise on 21/9.

Amy from Shenzhen Xuba has replied that they ended their September promotion early due to EVE prices rising.

These are small cycles in the market. I still think long term, prices will continue to decrease as manufacturing capacity increases. The only thing that might change is if quality improves so that more cells come off the line perfectly matched and less go into the grey market that we have benefited from.

Last edited:
Back