diy solar

diy solar

New Supplier for 280Ah cells: Shenzen Basen

Half my brain have same conclusions then you have......the other is pro Pylontech....man...it's hard...?
Can I ask which means of payment did you used with Basen... Paypal, wire...? I'm not sure what is best, PayPal protection or Alibaba trade insurance...
The information overload certainly takes its toll. I fall into analysis paralysis from time to time.
I do some weighing of the pros and cons and decide what is more important to me. You also have to decide whether the claims are true. 6000 cycles with 1 cycle per day is 16+ years. I'm wondering if their test used some super low 20% DoD as a cycle. There number of cycles is spec'd at so many different numbers, but if you read about the chemistry and not rely on the sales information, you will get more reliable information.

I have used a credit card and a debit card to purchase on AliExpress and Alibaba. Basen was the first to charge the 2.95% service charge, but also the first time I spent more than $500.

I got my tracking number on the 9/18.
Emily sent me a message on 10/16 telling me that both shipments (16 cells each) had cleared customs and were expected to be delivered "next week", which, of course, was last week. FedEx is still showing "Pending". ?
Ugh...

The information overload certainly takes its toll. I fall into analysis paralysis from time to time.
I do some weighing of the pros and cons and decide what is more important to me. You also have to decide whether the claims are true. 6000 cycles with 1 cycle per day is 16+ years. I'm wondering if their test used some super low 20% DoD as a cycle. There number of cycles is spec'd at so many different numbers, but if you read about the chemistry and not rely on the sales information, you will get more reliable information.

I have used a credit card and a debit card to purchase on AliExpress and Alibaba. Basen was the first to charge the 2.95% service charge, but also the first time I spent more than $500.
Thanks for the input, I spent a lot on aliexpress with my CC, but never on Alibaba. I plan on paying through PayPal cause Basen gave me the opportunity, I will decide tonight then order from Basen.

I got my tracking number on the 9/18.
Emily sent me a message on 10/16 telling me that both shipments (16 cells each) had cleared customs and were expected to be delivered "next week", which, of course, was last week. FedEx is still showing "Pending". ?
Ugh...
Often parcels come to my house before the tracking number as been updated...it's like couriers are faster then electromagnetic wave in wires... Fascinating...?

Often parcels come to my house before the tracking number as been updated...it's like couriers are faster then electromagnetic wave in wires... Fascinating...?
I have had AliExpress orders get continuously updated with new locations, but show that they are still pending receipt by the post office. It's like some other carrier brings it all the way here, then drops it off locally. Weird.
I haven't seen the faster than light delivery, though.

We are saving a lot of money by waiting for the sea shipping process! Before the 'rona it was mostly all air (unless you requested), faster but much more expensive.

We are saving a lot of money by waiting for the sea shipping process! Before the 'rona it was mostly all air (unless you requested), faster but much more expensive.
At least we know that there will not be any living COVID-19 on our stuff. It is quarantined on the boat for a month!

I ordered 9 280ah cells from Basen on 9/20. They were shipped on 9/23 and arrived today in CA in perfect condition. Pleased so far..

I'm seeing many guys buying exact cells number...16..32...48, isn't it a good idea to buy one or two more in case one of the pack fail...?

Reactions: Dzl
I'm seeing many guys buying exact cells number...16..32...48, isn't it a good idea to buy one or two more in case one of the pack fail...?

I bought 36 for this reason. But 4 come in a box and I'm not sure if you can buy something other than a multiple of 4.

I bought nine. Basen sent three boxes of three, with the extra spaces filled with foam.

Can anyone help me understand what kind of documentation is to be expected when ordering lifepo cells from China?

For those who have ordered from Xuba or Basen for example, did you receive a detailed invoice with the INCO terms (ie. 'DDP', etc), shipping address, sellers details, etc. before making your payment?

I am in correspondence with a reputable seller - but I'm not get a written invoice to pay against, just an email with the general terms itemized. Is this just the way business is done with these guys?

Thxs in advance for any advice shared from those who have been through this process.

I received my cells today but I'm still at work for the week I will get home about midnight and see what I have

Just got home. Looks like the eve cells in the pics to me. I'm very glad. Only looked at 4 but they're in perfect shape PXL_20201030_034705221.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone help me understand what kind of documentation is to be expected when ordering lifepo cells from China?

For those who have ordered from Xuba or Basen for example, did you receive a detailed invoice with the INCO terms (ie. 'DDP', etc), shipping address, sellers details, etc. before making your payment?

I am in correspondence with a reputable seller - but I'm not get a written invoice to pay against, just an email with the general terms itemized. Is this just the way business is done with these guys?

Thxs in advance for any advice shared from those who have been through this process.
I have received very little documentation with my orders. I think it is still the wild west in China.
They have modern tech and equipment, but I don't think that the level of control and quality are up to the levels we experience in the western world.

I have received very little documentation with my orders. I think it is still the wild west in China.
They have modern tech and equipment, but I don't think that the level of control and quality are up to the levels we experience in the western world.
Hey thanks for your reply. I'm glad to know that a lack of invoice is the norm. After some delay, the seller did in fact send me an invoice. I don't think it was their normal practice though. I suspect transactions in China are done on the basis of relationships and not documents....

All unpacked and de Corona'd. No damage at all, no swelling, all Eve cells. 12 of them measure 3.295 and 4 (all from one box) read 2.94. Happy with the cells, not as much with those tiny bus bars. And they only sent 18, I forgot to ask for doubles.
So anyone know where I can get some good bus bars or do I have to make them?
PXL_20201030_160820541.jpg

Hey thanks for your reply. I'm glad to know that a lack of invoice is the norm. After some delay, the seller did in fact send me an invoice. I don't think it was their normal practice though. I suspect transactions in China are done on the basis of relationships and not documents....
This is the extent of what I received.

Screenshot_20201030-111419.png

FWIW I placed my order on 9/17 shipping tag was made 9/20 arrived in cali on 10/24 delivered on 10/28. I havent had any time to do any testing but all cells are in perfect condition and packed very well (better than Xsuba). I did however get shorted on buss bars I asked for a double order and only got 4 total.

Back