diy solar

diy solar

New Supplier for 280Ah cells: Shenzen Basen

FYI . .i requested some quotes on Alibaba for 28 x 3.2V 280AH .. asked for Grade A , matched cells .. got 16 responses in 2 days .. Gloria from BasenGroup was the only one to fully answer my request.. (responses are latest first so read from the bottom). I am quite impressed with comprehensive response, quoted delivery to France as requested, additional advice. I'm close to ordering !

Gloria Luo2020-11-26 20:15

Heltec may works better on active balancer on BMS, which is for more stable performance on long-term working

Gloria Luo2020-11-26 20:14

and Smart BMS normally have function of Low-temp cut-off, don't need to worry about it

Gloria Luo2020-11-26 20:13

we usually recommend DALY BMS, but your parallel sets nees, DALY BMS dont support battery pack parallel connection at present

2020-11-26 20:10
none at present. I have to choose a BMS for my application (on a barge in France with victron Quattro 5000/24 and 1kw solar / 10amp 220v generator or shore supply). I'm looking at Heltec , Daly , Chargery or Electrodacus. I have peak 120amp charging and 220 Amp load (across 2 parallel sets so 1/2 that per battery). I also need to ensure low temp cutoff of any charging

Gloria Luo2020-11-26 20:05

so any doubts on the quotation ?

Gloria Luo2020-11-26 20:00

We do have lot clients from DIYSOlAR, mostly over 120pcs order every day, thanks for guys support

Gloria Luo2020-11-26 19:59

Hi Peter

2020-11-26 19:58
thank you Gloria for a prompt and complete reply to my request. a refreshing change from many other incomplete responses. I am impressed and will consider favourably your company for my humble needs.

Gloria Luo2020-11-26 19:38

LISHEN 280Ah(LF280Ah).pdf
212.88 K

Gloria Luo2020-11-26 19:37

Always keep your communication and transactions on Alibaba.com website or app. Communication and transaction records will form the basis of dispute resolutions.
Gloria Luo2020-11-26 19:37

LISHEN 3.2V 280Ah LiFePO4 Cell
Quantity:28PCS
Price:$69/pc
Shipping cost:$495 by Train&delivery to France, DDP,door to door service,including customs clearance and tax, 28~35 working days arrive.

The Total:$2427 ($86.68/pc)

Grade A and Brand New
Free Busbars and Bolts
5 Year Warranty
if there is broken item under DDP or quality problem within warranty time, we will offer free replacements or refund

The attachments are the specification, details, pls check

Any doubts or ideas, do feel free to let me know

Best Regards,
Gloria L
Skype/WA/Wechat:+86 15013611018
Email:glorialuo@basengroup.com

Gloria Luo2020-11-26 19:26

Hi

Now a question about having 3 x 8S banks in parallel. Each with BMS. Q1. are their issues that prevent some BMS's from being used in that parallel ?

Q2. If the BMS just shuts off one string due to a weak cell, it could increase current in (or out if under load) to the other 2. If the pack is still within overall voltage (and being in parallel the good packs would help keep the 'bad one' in range.., That means more 'pressure' on the remaining 2. So it seems important to me that the BMS can feed a 'remote off' to a inverter/load when a cell triggers a over or under voltage. Else the other 2 are going to get more load/charge and likely push them to expose the weakest cell in each ?

Some further questions if I may...hope their not too simple or repetitive ?
Is there an 'official' definition of Grade A cells vrs Grade B ?
And what qualifies as "Matched" .
similar "balanced" (I presume at same Voltage and SOC, and thus capacity ?)
And re discussion of an initial 'long' charge at 3.65V / =TOP Balance to 3.65V ? .. but its recommended to not do that again ? Are new Cells presumed not to have been charged to that ? used cells one would assume have ?

Some further questions if I may...hope their not too simple or repetitive ?
And re discussion of an initial 'long' charge at 3.65V / =TOP Balance to 3.65V ? .. but its recommended to not do that again ? Are new Cells presumed not to have been charged to that ? used cells one would assume have ?
I don't think there is an official definition of Grade A cells.
If you do the top balance to 3.65V your cells will be matched good enough.
Connect serial and use them.
That sounds like a great deal.

Freely roaming on youtube I just watched tested his. 282ah untill his invertor kicked out. Bms hadn't kicked out yet

I did some searching and sent out a Request For Quote on Alibaba looking for a different supplier for 280Ah cells.
I read all about Amy and Xuba. Even with all the guidance, some people still seem to have troubles. Their prices weren't the best, so I ordered my first 4 from UNIS. They work great, but, for some reason, I couldn't get them to send me a new label to replace one that was peeled back in shipping.
Emily from Shenzhen Basen answered my RFQ with an offer of $77.40 per cell. MOQ = 4. She says they are Grade A new cells.
Shipping is $268.00. With the Alibaba service fee, a batch of 16 came up to $1536.53 delivered to my door via FedEx (after they get off the ship).
I ordered two sets of 16.
Now, we wait...

Aliexpress first 105ah I find :
130x36x200 = 936cm3 -> 0.112ah per cm3

Eve
174x72x205 = 2570cm3 -> 0.109ah per cm3

You see...the 280ah got a lower energy density then the 105ah.. if my numbers are good.
I need help I don't understand the difference between EVE cells and shishen cells . referring to the 280ah cells that are everywhere on Alibaba and aliexpress ?

I need help I don't understand the difference between EVE cells and shishen cells . referring to the 280ah cells that are everywhere on Alibaba and aliexpress ?
They are all Eve cells. Basen is a supplier just like Xuba and UNIS. They are all in the Shenzen region of China.

I had one swell up pretty bad after top balancing. Bad enough I couldn't get the bus bar off. I'm going to hook up my invertor tomorrow and out a load on them and see what happensPXL_20201127_054611685.jpg

Here is a long but good video on grade A and B cells from China. Its a bit painful but there is some good info.

I think well matched cells will be within 1% of each-other's capacity and internal resistance. More than 5% of either value would be poorly matched.

Reactions: Dzl
Basen just made me a door to door offer including customs and import VAT. Just about to answer the question, how to get a paper about the paid VAT to apply as a business owner for VAT refund.
Are here some EU citizen with import experience, what sort of paper did You receive as a proof, the import VAT is paid?

Basen just made me a door to door offer including customs and import VAT. Just about to answer the question, how to get a paper about the paid VAT to apply as a business owner for VAT refund.
Are here some EU citizen with import experience, what sort of paper did You receive as a proof, the import VAT is paid?
Alibaba might give that information on a detailed receipt. But Basen should be able to tell you how to get a receipt that shows VAT.

I would like to know the answer also ...I tried to find out but couldn't ..I talk to my accountant and importers sped companies. Was also at tax office and they said for vat to work on invoice of company where I purchased batteries also need to be info of EU based company who imported batteries in EU and their tax number and proof that vat was paid by them ...have batteries on the way so when they arrive in 20-30 days I will have more info

My batteries will be here Wednesday. I was hoping someone could post an Amazon link or other where they bought their 20mm M6 grub screws and bolts? I don't have time to order from Ali.

Also I'm guessing that I will not receive the 32 buss bars I requested so I can put all 16 batteries in parallel for a top balance. How many buss bars are you guys receiving? 16?

I'm assuming top balancing 8 batteries at a time in parallel is not good enough if the final assembly will be a 48v 16s pack?

Thanks!

While looking at my options for cells, I asked for a quote of
8 * Lishen 272AH 3.2V Cells

From Basen on Aliexpress:
DAP: 600 (8*75) USD = + 237USD for shipping

When I ask for a DDP quote, they quote me the same amount...

If I were to order DDP, should I assume I would have to also pay the VAT of my country + duty taxes?

Something doesn't seem to add up :unsure:

Back