diy solar

diy solar

New system layout issues / q's.

You're a real buzzkill. Anyone ever tell you that? ?

Is watts247 one of the diysolarforum suppliers? I was told by PLin@mppsolar to order direct from them (because I'm in Canada apparently)
I thought Canada was in the USA? 51st state or something like that eh?

You may be better off buying direct, but you can ask Ian at watts247 if he can ship to Canada (he is in Utah). I have purchased from them and they are what all suppliers should be, honest and reliable.

BUT.... I am not sure when these will be available. Sadly the OEM (not MPP solar) even has a 10kw version, that probably will never come here. That is what I want!

I'm currently running with Growatt, and more than happy. The only other inverter that I would be interested in, would be the Deye 16k. That thing is an impressive beast.

I'm currently running with Growatt, and more than happy. The only other inverter that I would be interested in, would be the Deye 16k. That thing is an impressive beast.
Specs on the 10kw version are very attractive: https://voltronicpower.com/en-US/Product/Detail/InfiniSolar-WP-LV-6K-10K

True split phase, 41.5a per leg, 14.5kw of PV input, 600vdc, 2 MMPTs, grid back feed, UL compliant, etc...

Yes, please... :p

Sadly... Probably will never be seen in the USA (or anywhere).

I'm not interested in high frequency split-phase inverters.
I make my own neutral, in order to get the full capacity of the inverter.

I just heard back from mppsolar. The generator input / 2nd AC-Output is not bidirectional so that means I can't use it, in my scenario.

I just heard back from mppsolar. The generator input / 2nd AC-Output is not bidirectional so that means I can't use it, in my scenario.
Not surprised.
Bi-directional requires AC coupling capability.

Thought I'd post an update. I know this thread has probably sunk into the depths of history but I've now started on this project.

I decided to bite the bullet and dig the trench and rewire the power distribution from the pole into the shed attached to my shop. I've also decided to go with a Sol-Ark 15k (over an EG4 18kpv in large part because of posts on here).

Anyway, I've started the Canadian "Greener Homes Grant" process to try to take advantage of a $5k federal grant. I've also got a line on a stack of free (to me) rackmount 100Ah lifepo4 batteries.

I guess no 'build thread' is complete without at least one picture. This is just the preparatory step. A disconnect between incoming grid and my current loads; and a big bare sheet of plywood and 12x12x72 splitter trough. I wanted to get the trench dug and backfilled before the ground freezes.

Attachments

• PXL_20231122_203530165.jpg
    PXL_20231122_203530165.jpg
    618.4 KB · Views: 1
  • site-wiring-power-Wiring.drawio.png
    site-wiring-power-Wiring.drawio.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 1
Back