diy solar

diy solar

New to forum- EB70s question

Dustinandsawyer

I'm thinking about getting the Bluetti EB70s 716wh/800w.

Hurricane outages or storm etc to supplement gas generator.

Is this unit crap or decent in your opinion and question 2, is there a reasonable priced solar panel you can recommend?

We get plenty of sun in Florida where I'm at.

Will don't know if you read these too but keep killing it on the channel, your doing good stuff. ?

I can't speak about the EB70 but for panels, consider getting the largest you can manage. If they are going to be mounted and not moved, look at 300w are larger. If you plan to store them until needed, something small enough to move around without too much effort would be better. Maybe something like this 200w panel.

The maximum panel size for EB70s is 200w 12-28V. I've owned a EB70 since the Fall. Main thing I don't like about it are the indicators for the DC,AC, LED power are too small. I expect to put it though it's paces off grid this summer. It will compliment it's older brother EB150.

The maximum panel size for EB70s is 200w 12-28V. I've owned a EB70 since the Fall. Main thing I don't like about it are the indicators for the DC,AC, LED power are too small. I expect to put it though it's paces off grid this summer. It will compliment it's older brother EB150.
Ok thanks. What panels do you use?

Mixed bag right now of Tp-Solar and Renogy. Mostly 60 and 120W foldable panels. I'm looking for a 200W monocrystalline suitcase panel like Rich Solar, Renogy or BougeRv. Testing and evaluation will start with Spring.
Ok thanks. I bought the EB 70s Last night. Going to look for panels now.

I'm hoping to get the Newpowa 100 wats 12v solar panel. It has mc4 cables. Do I need some type of adapter to get hooked up to the EB70s bluetti?

I'm hoping to get the Newpowa 100 wats 12v solar panel. It has mc4 cables. Do I need some type of adapter to get hooked up to the EB70s bluetti?
Shouldn't just use the MC4 with barrel adapter charge port cable and connect to MC4 cables that come with the Newpowa panel. You may need MC4 extensions depending on your distance from the 70S to the panel.

Maybe this.....

Shouldn't just use the MC4 with barrel adapter charge port cable and connect to MC4 cables that come with the Newpowa panel. You may need MC4 extensions depending on your distance from the 70S to the panel.

Maybe this.....

Ok so besides length it should just plug in ok? I just ordered panel and the EB is on the way as well. Trying to get what I can before too many price increases.

Curious about the impressions and performance of the EB70S so far? I am considering the same.

It's a bit surprising that Bluetti hasn't improved the battery level indicator. So many folks are complaining about the 20% increments. Seems like even going to 10% increments would be hugely appreciated by many.

On a side note, I am new to understanding battery chemistry but it appears that LiFePO4 have typically 3x the life or more of Li-Ion. There are some decent competitors to the EB70S so far as I can tell but none(?) with LiFePO4... which automatically makes them almost obsolete (in my limited understanding). It's tough to seriously consider a unit that has 3 times LESS life for the same money. Is this the general consensus or is there some significant con to the LiFePO4 that I don't know about!?

Cheers.

Is this unit crap or decent in your opinion and question 2, is there a reasonable priced solar panel you can recommend?

Will don't know if you read these too but keep killing it on the channel, your doing good stuff. ?
Hello Dustinandsawyer, I am in Florida as well. I bought different sizes and brands of panels including Renogy, Ecoflow, Canadian and Rich. I really like my Rich 200 watt 9bb mega rigid panels. Being an older woman, I find these as big as I want to handle. they are duel purpose in that they can be easily transported/portable as well as fixed. I tote them around different buildings on a hand cart all at once. They are great in charging both my 1st generation Eco flow Delta and Bluetti EB200. With 3 panels hooked up on a perfect conditions day about 3 weeks ago, I got 559 watts out of 600.

I have a bunch of Newpowa 100 watt panels.
Do yourself a favor and open the junction box to check the connections. The very first Newpowa panel I opened had a loose screw.

I like the size & weight, easy to handle & move around.

Curious about the impressions and performance of the EB70S so far? I am considering the same.

It's a bit surprising that Bluetti hasn't improved the battery level indicator. So many folks are complaining about the 20% increments. Seems like even going to 10% increments would be hugely appreciated by many.

On a side note, I am new to understanding battery chemistry but it appears that LiFePO4 have typically 3x the life or more of Li-Ion. There are some decent competitors to the EB70S so far as I can tell but none(?) with LiFePO4... which automatically makes them almost obsolete (in my limited understanding). It's tough to seriously consider a unit that has 3 times LESS life for the same money. Is this the general consensus or is there some significant con to the LiFePO4 that I don't know about!?

Cheers.
Hi Fishy. Yes, the battery level indicator is a huge turn off for me on the 70S. I really like it has the newer, long lasting lifepo4 battery. Guess that is why I have yet to get one. I do have the bigger sibling to it though, EB200. I wish Ecoflow would put it in ALL of their products. If so, I would like the River Pro. They only have the lifepo4 in big expensive model. I am more a multiple products gal rather than putting all my eggs in one basket. I have the 1st generation original EF Delta.

Thanks for the comments. I ended up changing direction a bit and bought their new small model , the EB3a. If I had to guess, they are revamping their line from the bottom up. It has App control, new battery level display as %, LFP as prrvious and some other updates. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the comments. I ended up changing direction a bit and bought their new small model , the EB3a. If I had to guess, they are revamping their line from the bottom up. It has App control, new battery level display as %, LFP as prrvious and some other updates. Looking forward to it!
I struggled between the eb70 and eb55 also but was also turned off by the dated screen and SOC indicator as well as the large charging brick that comes with those units. I Decide on two Eb3a which I just received. I love the new screen and no charging brick. I also like that you can plug one into the other with the ac charging cable which just passes the power from the first unit to the second with out any conversion loss. Well maybe a little but hardly noticeable. Once the power runs out from the first unit the second one instantly takes over.

So at their current sale price of $209 x 2, for $418 total that’s cheaper than both the eb55 and eb70 and the same watt hours as the eb55. Having the option to use two units in different locations is nice also.

Hi. I live in Florida as well. While I do not have the EB70, I do have the EB200 (not the "AC"200). I highly recommend the Rich 200 watt Mega newer 9bb panels. I have other brands and higher watt panels, but the 200 9bb panels from Rich are less expensive then the Bouge (sp?) and work excellent. For me as an older woman, they are not too heavy and bulky to lug around like my 320 watt Renogy panels, and they have more power for not that much bigger than 100 watt panels. I have multiple buildings and want portability.

I got the BougeRV 130 watt foldable panel for my EB3A. It works well and comes with an MC4 adapter that fits the Bluetti.

Back