diy solar

diy solar

New to Solar & Forum (With PROJECT in mind) ?

Bear_Ridge

Hi all, ??

I am new here, but have been watching the diy solar YouTube channel for a while now.

I am a cabinet maker and fitter and often work on site where there may be no mains power or running cables from an outlet to your tools is not permitted due to UK health & Safety risks.?⚠️

Therefore I intend to build a solar system for my work van to charge 2 or 3 power hubs with 240v and 110v inverters, all contained within festool systainer system boxes.?⚡☀️?

I would very much appreciate your views on this project,
  • any issues you see potentially occurring,
  • anything to consider,
  • how you would go about it
  • or even if someone has already seen it done or done it themselves.
(Ps. Has anyone done a tear down of the official 'festool Power Hub'? Would be an interesting video to see what batteries they are using, bms and other components? as festool are one of the best and most respected names in the power tool world)

Link for Power Hub below:
https://www.festool.co.uk/products/...lity-and-organisation/200234---sys-ph-gb-240v
20210313_102507.jpg

Thank you in advance for your help, advice and guidance ?
Stephan

Looks cool, but seems very pricey. Why not just carry the system in and plug your power tools into it? Build something like Will's crate, or if going heavier one of the hand-truck systems in the show and tell forums?

Or, if you want to go COTS, perhaps something like this:

... it provides 1800 Watts (15 amps) continuous power and 3600 Watts peak power. The DCB1800B
runs on four DEWALT 20V MAX* batteries (sold separately), and for high power applications, four 20V
MAX* 3.0Ah DEWALT Batteries (DCB200) or higher amp hour are recommended to provide the best
results. Not only can the 1800 Watt Portable Power Station™ power a corded tool remotely, but it
also becomes a multi-port parallel charger for up to four DEWALT 20V MAX* Batteries when plugged
into a wall outlet via extension cord...
1617050000524.png
Update: well phooey... not seeing an EU version... there must be something similar for the EU though... right?

Last edited:
Back