diy solar

diy solar

New to Solar-Growatt-Hawk-Renogy

iSwannie

Now that's WATT I am Talking About!
Hi all,

I am néw to owning a Growatt 3000w 24v with a Big Battery Hawk 24v bank. However everything is working and mounted on a Gorilla cart (except the solar panels which are on a trailer). I have installed a 6 circuit Reliance Control transfer switch 30 amp 120v 31406 on my main house panel for essential circuits. It has 6 circuit breakers in it that I have wired to 6 circuits in my main panel. It appears when using the generator power cord that came with the transfer switch in conjunction with a generator receptacle that I wired from the output on the Growatt cart I only get ABC circuits powered. DEF seem to not have power. Can anyone help me understand what might be wrong?

Hi all,

I am néw to owning a Growatt 3000w 24v with a Big Battery Hawk 24v bank. However everything is working and mounted on a Gorilla cart (except the solar panels which are on a trailer). I have installed a 6 circuit Reliance Control transfer switch 30 amp 120v 31406 on my main house panel for essential circuits. It has 6 circuit breakers in it that I have wired to 6 circuits in my main panel. It appears when using the generator power cord that came with the transfer switch in conjunction with a generator receptacle that I wired from the output on the Growatt cart I only get ABC circuits powered. DEF seem to not have power. Can anyone help me understand what might be wrong?
I need to clarify all circuits work while in line mode and only the ABC work while in gen mode on the transfer switch. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I need to clarify all circuits work while in line mode and only the ABC work while in gen mode on the transfer switch. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Yes this is correct. I think I know why now though. I did not jumper the two hots on the generator plug I wired out of the Growatt. However even while using the ABC circuits and the DEF unwired I tripped my garage GFI circuit when I plugged the Growatt AC supply in. I had solar and AC feeding in at this point. I have the neutral wired all the way through from Growatt to distribution panel. ABC circuits are all on one leg (same bank of breakers) at the distribution panel. Any further recommendations would be appreciated on why the GFI circuit trips.

Back