diy solar

diy solar

New to solar. My solar charger from amazon bought two and both don’t show the solar panel charging battery. The battery is full

Ecsak

My solar charger from amazon only shows the moon no solar panel icon with arrow going to battery. Battery is full and charger shows the battery and arrow going to invertor. Everything else working. Charger from China bought two same issue. Help

I think you answered your own question. How is it supposed to charge a full battery? Drain your battery a bit and see what happens.

I was wondering about that. I’ll try that first. Greatly appreciated. Never used a charger for solar panel had I had my battery full to start

Apply a load to the system that's as large or somewhat larger than the total solar capacity. As soon as the load starts drawing from the battery, the charge controller will act within seconds to feed that much power back to the battery.

On lower end and mid SCCs if the moon symbol is displayed the panels are not connected to the SCC properly (polarity) or are defective.
My solar charger from amazon only shows the moon no solar panel icon with arrow going to battery.

The moon means no VOC is detected. My panels are ~38.x VOC and roughly 20 minutes before sunup the SCC was displaying 39.x volts and zero amps. Most panels will detect light (show voltage) long before they put out any amperage.

What SCC is it?

Try one panel alone, then the other? Check polarity? Insure you get volts from both panels with a vom?

All those things will eliminate various potential faults so you can fix it. It seems very unlikely but is possible your SCCs are dysfunctional but I would guess it’s other stuff that’s wrong.

On lower end and mid SCCs if the moon symbol is displayed the panels are not connected to the SCC properly (polarity) or are defective.

The moon means no VOC is detected. My panels are ~38.x VOC and roughly 20 minutes before sunup the SCC was displaying 39.x volts and zero amps. Most panels will detect light (show voltage) long before they put out any amperage.

What SCC is it?

Try one panel alone, then the other? Check polarity? Insure you get volts from both panels with a vom?

All those things will eliminate various potential faults so you can fix it. It seems very unlikely but is possible your SCCs are dysfunctional but I would guess it’s other stuff that’s wrong.
What does screen mean
Apply a load to the system that's as large or somewhat larger than the total solar capacity. As soon as the load starts drawing from the battery, the charge controller will act within seconds to feed that much power back to the battery.
my inverter started making noise then shut off what was plugged in. The charger still shows the moon only but the v went down to 11.04. What should I set my charger on for the various screens to see if the charger will show the solar panel charging battery

You should start just one thread.
Is this one the same equipment?

Back