diy solar

diy solar

new to the site looking for best section to post about adding batteries and inverter to a grid tied solar system of 4kva/4kw?

karlbar2k

I am based in the UK and have a typical "get solar panels" system fitted that was probably way over priced but does have a small impact on my daily costs.
Now with the price of electricity and gas on the never ending increase to great heights I am considering adding batteries to the house somehow, having been investigating solar an Lifepo4 for my motorhome there appear to be a lot of options from DIY to Server rack to powerwall but with a current grid tie in the UK what options do I need to be looking at to
A: add batteries so we use more and export less
B: possible additional solar outside of the existing system on the other roof surfaces?

current system is 2 inverters as two banks of 10 and 4 panels on the two south facing roofs (house and garage) that go into the house supply with a feed in tariff meter
thinking that with an Off Grid all in one taking power from the utilities (includes the existing solar) but before the switch board we would not be changing the existing setup for the rather measly feed in tariff and the system would pass through solar and grid ( would need to work out way to work out how much from each) and a way of limiting grid use, but in the event the grid were to go down (may end up being generation problems if things keep going the way they are) then we would still have power from battery bank and the inverter but we would lose the power from the existing solar as its grid tied?

I know there are lots of different ways of addressing this problem but looking for path of least resistance and cost

Back