diy solar

diy solar

New to this need advice

You must must must have air space under that panel for longevity and max power production
Hi welcome sweety, Thankyou for advising do the solar cells get hot, is there a risk of the plastic melting?. ? The solar cells are going on top of my chicken shed.

Thanks deleted. This is what I'm buying please advice me if I've bought the right specs. First the battery https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005005059642335.html?

The inverter https://uk.eco-worthy.com/products/...-inverter-50a-controller-for-off-grid-system?

The solar cells = 200, https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000872729704.html?

I would appreciate your time to look for me or anyone else and advice if this system is compatible. Thankyou❤️
That all-in-one inverter has a PWM charge controller, not vary efficient.

Hi welcome sweety, Thankyou for advising do the solar cells get hot, is there a risk of the plastic melting?. ? The solar cells are going on top of my chicken shed.
Probably not melt, but not good for solar cells. Occasionally a cell can short and fry but not often. At least as far as I read.

Thankyou both besides having good air flow underneath the pannel is there any other measures to take to keep the cells cool in hot weather.

There's YouTube videos of cooling panels, they produce more power. In winter you can seriously overpower a system on a cold sunny day. I'm in Texas, more solar radiation and watch my system because if it's cloudy I add panels, sometimes double the wattage my main setup calls for

I'm in the northwest uk. We have lots of cold sunny days. I will do some research Ty. I'm looking to budget 200.00 UK 250 dollars for an all in one converter, could you recommend one for me so I can look at the specs, just any will do Thanks❤️

What type of charge controller is more efficient in an all in one converter. Thanks
Mppt charge controllers. Gotta make certain that All in one hybrid includes a charger for AC input, some small ones do not. Didn't read that.

Finding mppt controller in smaller all in one hybrid inverter is difficult. But you can add an external mppt SCC later as money is available and plug solar panels in there, disconnect from the hybrids ports

Mppt charge controllers. Gotta make certain that All in one hybrid includes a charger for AC input, some small ones do not. Didn't read that.

Finding mppt controller in smaller all in one hybrid inverter is difficult. But you can add an external mppt SCC later as money is available and plug solar panels in there, disconnect from the hybrids ports
Could you find us an all in one converter to look at Ty.

I'm in the northwest uk. We have lots of cold sunny days. I will do some research Ty. I'm looking to budget 200.00 UK 250 dollars for an all in one converter, could you recommend one for me so I can look at the specs, just any will do Thanks❤️
I use SRNE 3000w 24volt.

I also have Makeskyblue 12volt 1600w hybrid inverter.

I'm in the US, 120v is our power, you need 220.... I don't know who makes UK ones, Makeskyblue does but no distributors only for their SCC products

Your budget and UK specs, or even us specs, makes me unable to find anything else in a similar price. I don't use AliExpress, delivery time ?

Yes, it is, thankyou so much sweety, your a ? would this be ok to charge a 300ah battery I listed. I think the battery can take a 50a charge current, which I assume would be quicker than a 40a charge current. Looking at the specs, is the limit 40a on this. What would be difference,

Sorry for headache,. There's so much to weigh up me. It's overwhelming ?

Would I have more options if I bought an inverter and charge controller separately. On Aliexpress there is so many going for a low price, but I'm worried I might blow something up, like my chickens. This is why I am opting for an all in one, but if doing it separately is easy I may be tempted.

Hope your having a nice day in Texas. ??❤️

Your budget and UK specs, or even us specs, makes me unable to find anything else in a similar price. I don't use AliExpress, delivery time ?
Yes the delivery time can be long on AliExpress I agree. But that's ok I'm in no rush. Would my specs and budget be better if I bought the devices separately, ie charge controller and inverter. Because they have lots to choose from on AliExpress lol?

I use SRNE 3000w 24volt.

I also have Makeskyblue 12volt 1600w hybrid inverter.

I'm in the US, 120v is our power, you need 220.... I don't know who makes UK ones, Makeskyblue does but no distributors only for their SCC products
Yes that's correct here in the UK i think the nominal voltage is all the same between in ranges of 220 to 240. All appliance list 230 but I think 220 outlet devices like the inverter specs you listed would power 230 and 240 vault appliances. I think 220 is just an old term used for the new range.

There's YouTube videos of cooling panels, they produce more power. In winter you can seriously overpower a system on a cold sunny day. I'm in Texas, more solar radiation and watch my system because if it's cloudy I add panels, sometimes double the wattage my main setup calls for
I YouTubed videos on cooling pannels. It seems crazy to me, i saw many different methods, one person put reflection pannels at the sides of his solar pannels to generate more power, and sure enough the pannels heated up after a short space of time. But the loss was less than what he was generating without the reflectors he was generating 84 watts, from a 100 watt pannel on a really hot day without the reflecters, he then hit 118 watts with the reflecters, the pannels got really hot but only dropped to 108 watts,. I can't see it being an issue, for me in cloudy UK.

Maybe in a heat wave which we may get twice a year other than that, the temp in the UK is always 75 Fahrenheit all summer all i would use less electricity in a heatwave and summer.
I only need 5 kWh a day, my system will store 7.5 a day hopefully. But I'm unsure if the all in one system will power devices whilst it charging the battery. Will it only draw power from the battery to power devices, I have connected or both solar and battery. If it did I could get maybe 10 to 15 kw a day. Maybe. I guess at most I would lose 25 percent of that if the pannels get hot.. ? ?.

I YouTubed videos on cooling pannels. It seems crazy to me, i saw many different methods, one person put reflection pannels at the sides of his solar pannels to generate more power, and sure enough the pannels heated up after a short space of time. But the loss was less than what he was generating without the reflectors he was generating 84 watts, from a 100 watt pannel on a really hot day without the reflecters, he then hit 118 watts with the reflecters, the pannels got really hot but only dropped to 108 watts,. I can't see it being an issue, for me in cloudy UK.

Maybe in a heat wave which we may get twice a year other than that, the temp in the UK is always 75 Fahrenheit all summer all i would use less electricity in a heatwave and summer.
I only need 5 kWh a day, my system will store 7.5 a day hopefully. But I'm unsure if the all in one system will power devices whilst it charging the battery. Will it only draw power from the battery to power devices, I have connected or both solar and battery. If it did I could get maybe 10 to 15 kw a day. Maybe. I guess at most I would lose 25 percent of that if the pannels get hot.. ? ?.
Most of not all hybrid inverters have options for solar and battery both to power loads, some more expensive and newer All in one hybrid inverters don't have to have a battery but of course they do nothing In the dark. They aren't really expensive, just a bit more.

So many different models, a bunch truthfully all from the same manufacturer but resold in different names, paint schemes and sometimes a few minor customized settings.

As far as keeping panels cool, mine are currently an overhang in front of my chicken coops and more are slated to be the roof or shade over one of their enclosed run, about 16 ft by 28 feet. The drought and Texas heat. So they are open to the air on the back. But on rooftops you need several inches(cm) of air space. I may mount some more panels over the chicken coops but that area gets a bit more shade.

Most of not all hybrid inverters have options for solar and battery both to power loads, some more expensive and newer All in one hybrid inverters don't have to have a battery but of course they do nothing In the dark. They aren't really expensive, just a bit more.

So many different models, a bunch truthfully all from the same manufacturer but resold in different names, paint schemes and sometimes a few minor customized settings.

As far as keeping panels cool, mine are currently an overhang in front of my chicken coops and more are slated to be the roof or shade over one of their enclosed run, about 16 ft by 28 feet. The drought and Texas heat. So they are open to the air on the back. But on rooftops you need several inches(cm) of air space. I may mount some more panels over the chicken coops but that area gets a bit more shade.
Thankyou, for taking the time to help me out, I will probably allow space for cooling. But I would of thought they will still get hot regardless if I do or not, after seeing many videos, the issue I see with solar panels are they are sealed in an air tight frame possibly with the air vacuumed out to prevent ice. There going to get hot no matter what. The only way I can see them improving is to be designed in a way, so airflow can go in side a sealed unit, maybe some vent you can open and close front and back that's seals tight when you close it.
To stop frost on roofs that could be an issue unless WiFi flaps where designed with some sort of electrical air sucking device.

For low down roofs I could design none electrical mechanical hinged flaps front and back that you can compress with locking levers by hand compressing on to rubber. With the ability to suck air out via attaching vacuum by hand, for the winter, I guess trapped air in a sealed unit could freeze in winter. I think it would be easy to design and fix up for a low cost price. Something I could do my self, easy, and far better than jetting water on them or sprinkling or putting fans on them. I also guess this would improve the life expectancy of a pannel. I think I'm going to purchase the model you posted. But I don't know whether it's correct because when I type the model number on Google it's comes back has having a PWM controller not a mppt

Last edited:
Back