diy solar

diy solar

New tool for balancing cells into even series groups

jhooton

Hey everyone -

I just joined this forum yesterday. My name is Jeff and I'm a developer. My buddy builds portable power backs with Li-ion batteries and had mentioned several times that the existing tool, (repackr.com) that's used for balancing/building packs was no longer maintained and that the community had some changes that they would like made to the existing one.

We decided to partner up with that information and start building FREE DIY battery tools online that will be actively maintained based on community feedback. We launched the very first one a few days ago and it can be found at https://tools.cellsaviors.com/.

To start out we decided to essentially rebuild most of repackr's functionality with an easier to use UI. My friend told me that by using this tool he was able to save about 20% of the time it would have taken him with repackr, and the results were just as good as repackr's would be on the same set of cells.

Just wanted to reach out, introduce the first tool that we built and try to solicit feedback. Would love to hear what you guys think about it as well as what the most valuable next features would be. I have heard that using IR value to help make the packs even more balanced has been requested of repackr, so that is definitely on the list of upcoming features. We also plan on adding in the ability to either export the produced pack to csv, and the ability to print a built pack.

Thanks!
Jeff

Back