diy solar

diy solar

New Victron Multiplus-II 12/3000/120-50 designed specifically for RVs with 30A/50A input flexibility available MARCH 2021

Got a response back from Victron Sales on a 24V model that started with "No info yet on this model, will certainly not be soon."

Any suggestions on who / what email address we should be contacting at Victron to assure it gets recorded that there is interest?

Got a response back from Victron Sales on a 24V model that started with "No info yet on this model, will certainly not be soon."

Any suggestions on who / what email address we should be contacting at Victron to assure it gets recorded that there is interest?
I think Rich Shea at Victron in Canada would be your best bet... salesUSACanada@victronenergy.com he was the one asked that specific question on the webinar and made the statement about depending on interest.

1615987918003.png

Jen

Love the Victron stuff. Just changing the size a bit will be a help on new installs. My 24V MultiPlus has been rock solid for me, and I couldn’t be happier with the purchase. Were I going 12V on an RV build, I’d be all over this one. Hopefully, they will see fit to add 24/48 in the future. Thanks for sharing!

Can I suggest you reach out to Will first and see if he has an associate link or a relationship with a seller, he works hard for us and we need to support him as the person who gave us this community.
Jen
Just an FYI the only affiliate he has for Victron equipment is BattleBorn.

They don’t carry a lot of selection though.

@the_colorist is going to try to get an availability date and street price for me.

The retail pricing on the MultiPlus II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V is ranging roughly $1,487 - $1,570.

I can offer a discount on that price but a person would need to PM me for a quote.

If a person is ordering through me and they put in their order by/on Monday, they could have in it about 2 to 2-1/2 weeks or so but there is very, very limited stock so I cannot completely guarantee that. Victron sent in an initial batch via air but it was small and going fast.

Any orders placed beyond that would likely be closer to 4-6 weeks due to the next large shipment coming into the Victron US warehouse via sea and it's still a while out.

The new MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 120V is still a few weeks out. Street pricing will likely be close to the same. Still confirming that.

The retail pricing on the MultiPlus II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V is ranging roughly $1,487 - $1,570.

I can offer a discount on that price but a person would need to PM me for a quote.

If a person is ordering through me and they put in their order by/on Monday, they could have in it about 2 to 2-1/2 weeks or so but there is very, very limited stock so I cannot completely guarantee that. Victron sent in an initial batch via air but it was small and going fast.

Any orders placed beyond that would likely be closer to 4-6 weeks due to the next large shipment coming into the Victron US warehouse via sea and it's still a while out.

The new MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 120V is still a few weeks out. Street pricing will likely be close to the same. Still confirming that.
Pulled the trigger and looking forward to getting it and hopefully will have my batteries by then, just need FedEx to decide when they are going to pick up the cells that have been sitting in customs in Long Beach for 2 weeks now ?

Should be called FedUPEx... I hate using them..
Winter storms don't help. I had a rush order from DigiKey, spend last week in Colorado on its way to Phoenix. I am so glad we paid for overnight delivery.

Winter storms don't help. I had a rush order from DigiKey, spend last week in Colorado on its way to Phoenix. I am so glad we paid for overnight delivery.

The storm we had here a week ago was a doozy. 4th best (worst, depending on your perspective) in recent history. More than 20" at my house. As much as 5' in the mountains. All those yahoos that moved here from CA (left coast not our honorable northern neighbors, of course) are now busy bitching about the lack of snow removal. Bunch of whiners.

The storm we had here a week ago was a doozy. 4th best (worst, depending on your perspective) in recent history. More than 20" at my house. As much as 5' in the mountains. All those yahoos that moved here from CA (left coast not our honorable northern neighbors, of course) are now busy bitching about the lack of snow removal. Bunch of whiners.
I hope my shipment got to get some skiing in while it was stuck in Denver.

I have fond memories of skiing in Telluride and Durango.

At least you got legal pot and illegal standard capacity magazines out of it.

I am shamed to admit that AZ sent two democrats to the senate this year. I am moving to the mountains as soon as I can retire again in 3 years and 10 months. Not that anyone is counting or anything.

South-Eastern AZ is calling my name. Higher and cooler elevations, blighted politics (nary a progressive in the bunch). Place I am looking at is not far from where the Miracle Valley shootout happened. Was down there fleeing the heat and Covid drama last summer and took in the 4th of July parade in Palominas AZ.

That is the closest town to the Miracle Valley Church and I met some interesting people there. A high percentage are retired military. I met one of the sheriff deputies that was involved in the shootout at the parade. He had an interesting take on events at the church.

If your shipment was skiing in Denver then it was smoking some of that whacky weed. There's no skiing in Denver. Gotta head up into the mountains for that.

I was planning to retire this year, but maybe not. I'm hoping to GTFO CO and get to Wyoming. I can work remotely from anywhere.

I'm hoping to head to AZ within a few weeks, near Dolan Springs, for some camping and off-road adventures.

Please forgive my ignorance but what is the "MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32"?

I'm in a bit of a pickle as to how to move forward on something... I have a Multiplus 12V 3000 in my current travel trailer (30amp service), running off of 8, 100ah Battle Born lithiums. I just bought an additional RV (Keystone Fuzion 5th wheel) and I need to decide what to put in it for an inverter/charger. I have a Schneider SW4048 (with battery monitor, AC/DC switch gear etc_ that I was going to put in but I am VERY urinated off with Schneider as this was sold as a stackable unit and after I bought it last year they removed that ability in firmware etc and I REFUSE to now have to buy an XW Pro for that functionality... Plus they've been terrible about customer service when I had a question. Also, I'll be running Tesla modules in a 48v (2s) configuration so I need an inverter that I can use as much of the Tesla's voltage range as possible (low voltage disconnect etc)

So after spending thousands on Schneider gear, I think I'm going to come back to Victron for my big system as well. I'm torn between putting a 10kw Quatrro in the 5th wheel (it will be my full time residence) or to buy smaller mult's and stack them. Now I am one of the ones who wishes thew new 2x120 was in 48vdc.. lol

So for a 50amp service 5th wheel with Tesla modules hoping to use as much of their usable range as possible, what do you with more experience than I, recommend. I don't want any hacks or "only assist on one leg" stuff.

Thanks all
Jen

Last edited:
This new Victron seems to be missing a useful feature available on the Samlex EVO series, does it allow direct connection and load sharing for external MPPTs or generators? Samlex treats the battery bank like a big flywheel and combines available input power sources to supply the inverter/charger.

Please forgive my ignorance but what is the "MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32"?

I'm in a bit of a pickle as to how to move forward on something... I have a Multiplus 12V 3000 in my current travel trailer (30amp service), running off of 8, 100ah Battle Born lithiums. I just bought an additional RV (Keystone Fuzion 5th wheel) and I need to decide what to put in it for an inverter/charger. I have a Schneider SW4048 (with battery monitor, AC/DC switch gear etc_ that I was going to put in but I am VERY urinated off with Schneider as this was sold as a stackable unit and after I bought it last year they removed that ability in firmware etc and I REFUSE to now have to buy an XW Pro for that functionality... Plus they've been terrible about customer service when I had a question. Also, I'll be running Tesla modules in a 48v (2s) configuration so I need an inverter that I can use as much of the Tesla's voltage range as possible (low voltage disconnect etc)

So after spending thousands on Schneider gear, I think I'm going to come back to Victron for my big system as well. I'm torn between putting a 10kw Quatrro in the 5th wheel (it will be my full time residence) or to buy smaller mult's and stack them. Now I am one of the ones who wishes thew new 2x120 was in 48vdc.. lol

So for a 50amp service 5th wheel with Tesla modules hoping to use as much of their usable range as possible, what do you with more experience than I, recommend. I don't want any hacks or "only assist on one leg" stuff.

Thanks all
Jen
Tagging @the_colorist to answer this but I hope you were able to return the Schneider equipment. Can’t believe they just yanked the feature out from under you after yo had the the product in hand, but I’ve had it happen to me before although I can’t remember what it was off the top of my head...

Back