diy solar

diy solar

New workshop!

It is always nice to see good things happen to good people. Looking forward to more videos.

That is great!!! Wondering about the utility of the lift. I guess lights are really high to replace!

Looks pretty cool Will.
Looking forward to many more videos and learning stuff. :)

Amazing changes in just a few short years.
Another Bigger House, a Girl Friend and then moving in together ! BIG STEP !! Lessons to be learned, hehehe... 1st lesson is obviously already learned, you have your "Dog House" prepped, even has it's own washroom... Might consider putting in a shower...

I own Tesla Stock & Shares, have since it was a young company (shares were below $200 THEN {before split of course}) and I have to say, I always hated the "Guppy Nose"... seriously, next time you see a fishtank with guppies, look at the danged fish, same bloody nose... There are some really cool after-market ones and more goodies coming from the after market for the Tesla's. TBH, I am anxious to see the new Euro & Asian Models will be when they come out... the rumour mill is crazy making.

When ya posted the video, I commented there, but now of course, you have to convert the lift to run on lithium, and be a rolling solar generator... right?

When ya posted the video, I commented there, but now of course, you have to convert the lift to run on lithium, and be a rolling solar generator... right?
I was wondering about this. I might stick to lead acid batteries because they are incredibly heavy, so the lift does not tilt over. A lot of its weight is from the batteries, and changing that weight could prove dangerous. And I would imagine that the hydraulic system does not seem to care what the performance of the batteries is. No matter the SOC of current PB batteries, lift goes up and down the same. When SOC of PB batteries is low, the lifts ability to move forward and backward is drastically reduced, but thats about it. Which I do not mind haha! Slower speed is easier to control fine tune movements.

You could build platform on it for solar panels and rise them above all other obstacles that might give shadows during parts of the day lol.

Use the lift to help put solar panels on the roof. Better than lifting them up a ladder LOL. :)

I was wondering about this. I might stick to lead acid batteries because they are incredibly heavy, so the lift does not tilt over. A lot of its weight is from the batteries, and changing that weight could prove dangerous. And I would imagine that the hydraulic system does not seem to care what the performance of the batteries is. No matter the SOC of current PB batteries, lift goes up and down the same. When SOC of PB batteries is low, the lifts ability to move forward and backward is drastically reduced, but thats about it. Which I do not mind haha! Slower speed is easier to control fine tune movements.
Need to make a motor speed control for it. I don't like the way they jerk forward, when elevated.

I was in the Capitola Mall doing a remodel when Loma Prieta quake hit, but fortunately not up on the lift.

Back