diy solar

diy solar

Newb with Small cabin build 100% off grid help with wiring

I have a question , I thought you should have only one common ground for a system ?
All my grounds wires go to a common ground at the house .
Invert, panels , generator service panel is this correct .
This is my first post here. Hello every one .

I have my panels grounded to a 8 foot grounding rod, and the rest of my system is also grounded to the same rod. Ground and neutral are bonded in my main panel.

There are a lot of opinions on best known methods for ground though...

I have a question , I thought you should have only one common ground for a system ?
All my grounds wires go to a common ground at the house .
Invert, panels , generator service panel is this correct .
This is my first post here. Hello every one .
The general rule is that all above ground earthing elements like the house wiring, electronics, ect. can be bonded together, and all the below-ground earthing elements like ground-rods, steel water pipes, and concrete rebar can be bonded together, BUT, the above ground elements and the below ground elements can be bonded together at ONE and ONLY one location. That location might be the inverter, main electrical panel, or some other designated location.

O cool I think that is how I have it rigged up .
I missed the rebar ground when I was pouring concrete the inspector did not require it and I forgot the wire clamps
in my other truck so I went with out ☹️ I was really regretting it when I realized I had no way of Pounding a ground rod in the ground any where ? im built on solid rock .

Best way to connect a Westinghouse igen 2200 to a growatt 3000 24v ?
I use a 50 foot 12awg extension cord for my Ryobi to LV2424. Should be similar for the Growatt I would think. If you are going to run the generator at max (2200w?)10awg would probably be better. I set my LV2424 software to 10A max input (1200w) so the generator doesn't scream :p

I use a 50 foot 12awg extension cord for my Ryobi to LV2424. Should be similar for the Growatt I would think. If you are going to run the generator at max (2200w?)10awg would probably be better. I set my LV2424 software to 10A max input (1200w) so the generator doesn't scream :p
About how long does it take to fully charge your battery bank?

About how long does it take to fully charge your battery bank?
I have only tested the generator, never used it to charge, sorry. In theory at 10a it would take 5 hours from dead to full (6kwh). I am really not pushing my system at all, but I just ordered a 9k btu mini split, so we'll see what happens when I actually use some power.

So I’ll be needing 4 branch connectors correct?
You would need four sets of 12awg wires with MC4 connectors on the end for the solar panels (4 black, 4 red), and a ground wire (I used 6awg Green). You run the other ends into the combiner box, with the four black going to the neutral bus bar, each red going to a 15a breaker, and finally the ground wire goes to the ground bus bar. Then you run a thicker set of wires to the charge controller.
1623118818910.png

Hey rich what do you recommend for jumping the hot bus ?
Not sure I understand your question? In the combiner box or in the main breaker box? For the combiner, my MNPV6 came with a bus bar that just slides into all the breakers (it looks like a comb). For the main breaker box I am only using one leg currently, but if I expand I will just use 12awg from one side to the other.

I am jumping mine with the same wire I ran from the inverter to the panel 6g I can only pull about 7000 watts but bigger is better .

Back