diy solar

diy solar

Newbee have equipment but?

dieselherb

I have 12 300w panels 27+V 6.9amp. I have a Outback flexmax80 and a Ames 3000w inveter, also a 5000w 240V inverter. These are for 48V system. I have 8 6V golf cart batteries.
Can these components work together? Or ?

Yeah sure, it looks like it would all work... Just be sure to wire the solar panels in series/parallel as such, so the Voc volts going into the Outback doesn't come too close to 150v max of it. They do have online calculators you can use to compensate the Voc spec to account for freezing temps... 27v x4 in series might be appropriate since that is around 108v, should give you enough leeway and keep it under 150v... (3 parallel banks of 4s each, is 12 total)...

You seemed to indicate both of your inverters support 48v DC input, so that should be fine... 8x 6v batteries in series should make a 48v bank, so that should be fine.

Using proper gauge wire, and fuses/circuit breakers where appropriate (sized right of course), needed to make it all safe.

Many batteries can't be put in series. Many that do only support 2 or maybe 4 in series. You might have a lot of issues trying to build a 48V battery bank using 6V batteries. It all depends on the BMS in the batteries. If you need a 48V battery bank then you should really work with 48V batteries, 24V batteries that support having 2 in series, or 12V batteries that support having 4 in series.

Back