diy solar

diy solar

Newbie Alert

Going from a point of less knowlege to an industrail battery build usually results in charcoal.
All of us who "PLAY" with these and other systems have started small and played with small circuits to foster understanding.
Will started out with a car battery and an inverter and solar/charge circuit. Something very small. The learning curve is step and time is on our side.

I respect that BUT with the 20-30-year lifespan of your solar investment a little more now to increase convenience and ease is really no big expense over time, AND you have headroom to use vacuum, tools- and my joy- an electric fridge and coffeemaker.

Not everything modern is eschewable luxury. Aged out they’re downright cheap and good for the planet, really.
I do have a 12V fridge freezer DC and it works very well. 110amp battery it last for about 72 hours. So I indent to have some 12 or 24 volt DC in the system with an inverter as well - great advice though from everyone - thanks

Going from a point of less knowlege to an industrail battery build usually results in charcoal.
All of us who "PLAY" with these and other systems have started small and played with small circuits to foster understanding.
Will started out with a car battery and an inverter and solar/charge circuit. Something very small. The learning curve is step and time is on our side.
I already have 330am deep cycle with a 1000watt invertor and DC to DC Renogy battery charger and 200watt solar on my van, so not quite starting from scratch but still a leaner nevertheless

Back