diy solar

diy solar

Newbie BMS question.

jcrowder3

I am building a battery bank comprised of (4) 4s LiFePO4 batteries using Overkill solar 4s 120A BMSs.

I have reviewed the installation instructions and come up with the following question.

Since each BMS must be electrically in series with its battery, is it permissible for me to do the following:

1) Connect all four of my BMS's C- terminals to a common Negative Buss bar that is between the BMS and the Shunt Battery side?
see my poorly drawn diagram. I am not showing all the wiring, just
1) The interaction of the B-, C- lines from the BMSs to the Batteries and Buss bar
2) The connection from the buss bar to the shunt.
3) The connection from the shunt to the load.

Sorry about my poor drawing skills!

I think this might be the normal way to install multi battery systems, but haven't seen a multi-BMS diagram and don't want to assume.

Thank you for any input you may wish to give.
John Crowder

Attachments

• BattBMSConfig.jpg
    BattBMSConfig.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 20
Yes that is how it is done. Stacking 3 to 4 terminals on each bus connection is fine.

If you don't want to install a standalone bus bar you could do something like the picture below. However, I don't know how well this would work for four connections (each battery cable gets its own bolt). As long as the cables from the battery are well supported it might work. You could use the exact same bus bar shown in the picture and connect the battery leads on the top and bottom of the bus bar instead of just on the top. Be sure to size the bus bar for the amount of amps that will be sent through it.

1647016103897.png

Back