diy solar

diy solar

Newbie Help Please - AC200 MAX, AC300, Delta Pro - or do it yourself?

Marc4274

Hello Everyone! I am new to solar as of last year. We put in a shed, with three strings of 200 watt Rich solar panels - 5 in each for a total of 1000 watts in series.

I ran these into the house, and have three AC200P units - one for each set of panels. I did a lot of learning on what we can generate and run, and now I want to do a bigger unit to tie into our house panel with a transfer switch and run part of the house all on solar.

I am considering a bigger pre-made unit like an AC300 or Delta Pro. Time is really tight so plug and play is attractive, but if I took the time to build something how much would I gain? I am really leaning toward AC300 with two 1000 watt strings running into it. Thanks for any input!

Hello Everyone! I am new to solar as of last year. We put in a shed, with three strings of 200 watt Rich solar panels - 5 in each for a total of 1000 watts in series.

I ran these into the house, and have three AC200P units - one for each set of panels. I did a lot of learning on what we can generate and run, and now I want to do a bigger unit to tie into our house panel with a transfer switch and run part of the house all on solar.

I am considering a bigger pre-made unit like an AC300 or Delta Pro. Time is really tight so plug and play is attractive, but if I took the time to build something how much would I gain? I am really leaning toward AC300 with two 1000 watt strings running into it. Thanks for any input!
Do the plug and play. Unless you want to buy $200 worth of tools and have to wait for parts that you didn’t know u needed, plus days of messaging the group to figure out details. If time is an issue. Don’t do DIY

Huge thank you!!! For what I am working with would you recommend any unit in particular - AC200 MAX, AC300, and Delta Pro are on the list. Does any of those stand out for quality or features, or is there a unit I'm overlooking?

Also - I figure it doesn't make sense to have more battery than the unit can charge on a good day, as I'd never fill it with steady use. I look at the AC200MAX and I don't think it makes sense to have more than one extra battery for it for that reason - does that make sense or am I missing something?

Also - I figure it doesn't make sense to have more battery than the unit can charge on a good day, as I'd never fill it with steady use. I look at the AC200MAX and I don't think it makes sense to have more than one extra battery for it for that reason - does that make sense or am I missing something?
I think your on the right path. I’ve also thought about the same.
So if you have say 5 hours per day of good solar charging with 1000w of panels at 90% efficiency that 900w’s X 5 = 4500 watts of battery charge Per day. BUT, and it’s a big but what if you have 3 days of rain cloudy skies and no charging is 4500wh enough for those 3 days. That’s the big question I would also want answered. Just food for thought!

BTW, the AC200 Max with 1 extra battery will get you around 3400wh.

I’m pretty sure I will go with the Titan and 2 batteries (4000 wh), using 10 - 100 watt panels. I already have the panels and a AC200P.

Back