diy solar

diy solar

Newbie here asking for advice on solar panels to hook to a Bluetti D050S charging enhancer

apackofmonkeys

Hello all, I just ordered a Bluetti AC200 Max yesterday, and saw that in addition to the 900W solar input, you could add an additional 500W with the optional D050S Charging Enhancer accessory, so I picked that up as well. I bought solar panels for the 900W input that will fit into the voltage limits and barely waste any amperage, but I'm trying to come up with a good panel solution for the D050S charger.

The manual for the D050S says the solar input has to be 12-60VDC and 10a max. I'm trying to figure out what panels would work in this range so that I could still maximize my wattage. It's a 60volt maximum but every solar panel I look at has an open circuit voltage of slightly higher than 20. If I could find one below 20, my understanding is I could buy six 100w with about 5 amps, and wire two pairs of three in series, and then parallel them together for an overpaneled total of 600w, and come in under the voltage limit. But I've only found panels with 21V+, which forces me down to two pairs of two, and only reaching 400w.

Does anyone have a suggestion for specific solar panels that could be wired to come in under the voltage limit but not leave any of the 500w on the table? Or is there a strategy I'm not thinking of? I'm new to this, so there's a good chance I'm missing something. Thanks!

Remember the voltage will increase in cold weather so you need to leave plenty of head room on the voltage.

I am having the same issue with trying to design an ideal system for the AC200 Max. I have come to the realization that getting 500 wants out of that second input is more theoretical than practical. If your design will give you 400 extra watts on what would have been a 900 watt system for a total of 1300 watt, call it a win And move onto your next project.

Attached may be of use.
I have been playing with the same idea / thoughts.
These panels seem to be a good compromise / target to get close to the theorectical 500W of the DS050. Panels are 600W with a VOC of 51.4V's.
Fingers crossed that leaves me enough head room for when the temp drops.

Attachments

• Solar Summary Panels.jpg
    Solar Summary Panels.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 18
Back