diy solar

Newbie here..Mini Agrophotovoltaics

What size panels ?

Are those 2x10 horizontal supports ?

How far apart are the 4x4 posts ?

Rich solar 200 watt panel

Not they are 2x6x10 weatherized

Yes 4x4 with 100 concrete….

The Yard slopes as does the white fence….array is level. And at 30 degrees right now but it is movable

Installing ground lugs and wire today, I’m making another array today with another 1000 watts

Attachments

• F5191A0C-FE95-4EE0-977C-44D371D68BB6.jpeg
    F5191A0C-FE95-4EE0-977C-44D371D68BB6.jpeg
    373.3 KB · Views: 10
What are you planning on growing?

The stuff I grow to eat, lettuce, eggplants, Swiss chard, peppers, and okra, grow in the shade, but much bettter in the sun. Some things I grow or spices like oregano, basil, and mint don’t seem to care about the shade.

Im in zone 9a and the sun is brutal, there is NO shade for my garden and the some plants like lettuce,basal, tarragon, tomatoes just cannot take the sun.

I’m retired, so I have a lot of time. Always reading or gardening or learning. Just love this site.

Im in zone 9a and the sun is brutal, there is NO shade for my garden and the some plants like lettuce,basal, tarragon, tomatoes just cannot take the sun.

I’m retired, so I have a lot of time. Always reading or gardening or learning. Just love this site.
Dean,
Nice, simple, and clean install, thanks for sharing! I would do the same here, but the detrimental affects of the wind and rain are substantial here in Northwest Washington, so I would have to beef that up some. But I love the simplicity of your arrangement. Did you buy a Rich Solar kit?
Kind Regards,
Steve

Last edited:
Yes bought everything from Rich…one of the batteries where cracked when it arrived they replaced it in days!…..Billy is great there…wasn’t a kit but they help me buy everything

Last edited:
Nice, what is that orange
Yes bought everything from Rich…one of the batteries where cracked when it arrived they replaced it in days!…..Billy is great there…wasn’t a kit but they help me buy everything
What is the model # of the orange unit? Could not locate it on their site.
Thanks,
Steve

Back