diy solar

diy solar

Newbie Introduction and Direction Request

EzPc

Solar Newbie
Good day everyone!

I just got here and wanted to just say hello and thank you all in advance for your help teaching this old dog new tricks with solar. My background it IT and Computer support the last 35 years and I just purchased my first AIO an EG4 3kW Off-Grid Inverter | 3000EHV-48 and am still trying to figure out the other pieces. I have a line on some Bifacial solar panels brand new damaged on delivery work great 450Wats panels but am not sure how many I will need as I am still trying to figure out the math on how to do these. My 1st project is a small detached garage and am hoping to work my way up to a whole house system. Have been following Will Prowse's videos and still have a lot more to get through, currently I am thinking a 48V 100AH setup and am looking at one EG4-LifePower4 Lithium Battery | 48V 100AH to start with but the added shipping to NJ is murder due to the weight so I was thinking of maybe going with a local battery source but that would mean multi 12V or 24v batteries.

Anyway, looking forward to learning a bunch here and building more solar stuff. Any direction or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 450Watts.PNG
    450Watts.PNG
    753.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi and welcome. I think the first thing you might want to consider is DIY battery and OTS battery. OTS will be more worry-free, but DIY has the highest degree of freedom. I believe that senior members in the forum can provide you with a lot of help!

Hi and welcome. I think the first thing you might want to consider is DIY battery and OTS battery. OTS will be more worry-free, but DIY has the highest degree of freedom. I believe that senior members in the forum can provide you with a lot of help!
Thank you for the warm welcome and the suggestion. My EG4 3kW Off-Grid Inverter shipped yesterday and will be here in a week. I have until then to figure out how much solar panels I will need. Since this is a detached garage would it not be possible to figure out how much panel I need to regard a particular battery by using the max out of the inverter since I believe most of the time the only draw I am expecting on this system is the stand by usage plus things like battery chargers and maybe a heater in the winter...

Back