diy solar

diy solar

Newbie needs help with Aliexpress

Kamhuss

Ok, time for more transparency ;)
Almost all of you guys have been great to work with.
However, one person recently ordered some cells and I told him, as I have been most people, that I should have a tracking number for him in about 10 days. He asked for it a couple of times sooner than that and on day 8 he asked for a refund because he did not have a tracking number yet.
I checked with the supplier and was told the cells were already at the shipping forwarder, and so canceling the order was not possible.
I told him I could not cancel the order, and again that it can take 10 days to get a tracking number and asked him to be patient.
On day 11 he filed a dispute with PayPal who froze the amount of money that the guy had paid.
On day 12 I was given his tracking number, I sent it to him, and I reminded him of the timeline and that I felt the dispute was uncalled for. I asked that, now that he had his tracking number, he rescind the dispute.
On day 14 he has still not rescinded the dispute and so I do not have my money but the cells are on their way to him.
I am sure that if I "escalate the issue to PayPal", I will get the money released and it will be over with.

However, I felt that sharing with anyone that might order that this had happened was the fair thing to do.
I also would like for anyone thinking about ordering realize that I sometimes have little to know control over how long something takes that it being done in China, and that if a day or two is going to make a difference....maybe not ordering is the best thing to do.

I am sure that it did not help that this particular guy had been banned from the forum for some reason just prior to his getting his panties in a bunch LOL....but, his banning had nothing to do with me and I had no idea that had happened until he emailed me instead of contacting me through here and told me he had to email because he, "had made some guys mad", and was banned.

Again, I actually enjoy doing this and like being able to help you all out as much as I can. But, this is NOT my job, or even particularly profitable. So please, order away, but have some patience if things take a little more time sometimes. With the Holidays coming up I would not be surprised if getting tracking numbers sometimes takes longer than normal, or if shipping times become just a little longer either. Suppliers have not told me that will happen, but it would not surprise me.

Now, Carry on troops :)
Hi Michael, keep up the good work man. By the way I ordered the 4x280aH lifepo4 batteries I recently saw on Will’s video. It was my first time ordering from AliExpress so I didn’t ask or get any contact information. Can u please check the status for me? Here is my order:

1612628619241.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Michael, keep up the good work man. By the way I ordered the 4x280aH lifepo4 batteries I recently saw on Will’s video. It was my first time ordering from AliExpress so I didn’t ask or get any contact information. Can u please check the status for me? Here is my order:-
I can not tell from that order what the company is that you ordered from or who you dealt with.
If you can send me that and your name in a private message (they call them conversations in here) I will see if I can find out anything for you.

Can u please check the status for me?
You are in a much better position than Michael or anyone else to check on the status.

1. Log on to your Aliexpress Account (from a desktop computer)
  2. At the top right you will see your name/screenname, hover over it
  3. This will bring up a drop down menu
  4. From there click 'my orders'
  5. This will bring up your past orders, from there, there is a link to 'contact seller' and there is also information about your order status and the sellers business name.
All this is possible from mobile as well, but the process will be a little different.

Screenshot_20210206_154112.png

All this is possible from mobile as well, but the process will be a little different.

Last edited:
I can not tell from that order what the company is that you ordered from or who you dealt with.
If you can send me that and your name in a private message (they call them conversations in here) I will see if I can find out anything for you.
I don’t have an account since I bought the item as a guest: file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/48/08/2982858C-D224-45B0-92A6-1D045F889553/IMG_0086.heic

What is the screenshot you posted? An E-mail sent to you? The order confirmation page? Do you still have access to this (not the picture, the actual page or e-mail)? If you didn't sign up for an account and made the order as a 'guest' I suspect AliExpress sent a confirmation to an E-mail address you provided. This will probably have some useful info.

I don't mean to be rude, but you really need to be doing much more basic due diligence / research / documentation when making large purchases (or any purchases) online, especially from sites you are unfamiliar with halfway around the world.

If you really can't find any other info, you could contact aliexpress with the OrderID number to hopefully get more info about the order.

Note: the link you posted above will not be viewable by anyone else, its a link to a local file on your computer from the look of it.

I don’t have an account since I bought the item as a guest: file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/48/08/2982858C-D224-45B0-92A6-1D045F889553/IMG_0086.heic
When I try this it says file not found.
What is the name of the company?

What is the screenshot you posted? An E-mail sent to you? The order confirmation page? Do you still have access to this (not the picture, the actual page or e-mail)? If you didn't sign up for an account and made the order as a 'guest' I suspect AliExpress sent a confirmation to an E-mail address you provided. This will probably have some useful info.

I don't mean to be rude, but you really need to be doing much more basic due diligence / research / documentation when making large purchases (or any purchases) online, especially from sites you are unfamiliar with halfway around the world.

If you really can't find any other info, you could contact aliexpress with the OrderID number to hopefully get more info about the order.

Note: the link you posted above will not be viewable by anyone else, its a link to a local file on your computer from the look of it.
That’s all the info I got.

That’s all the info I got.
In that case have you contacted Aliexpress with the OrderID shown in the screenshot?

Usually its pretty difficult to make an online purchase without generating some documentation, either something is saved to your account, or if you don't have an account sent to your e-mail, or if you don't provide an e-mail an order confirmation page post purchase that can be saved or printed. Maybe the latter is what the screenshot is, but I gather you did not save this (apart from the screenshot)?

You really should be more deliberate about large purchases (or any purchases online) or it will come back to bite you eventually. At the very least you want to know who you are buying from, what you are buying, and have some verifiable record of the transaction.

Back