diy solar

diy solar

Newbie needs help

Kblake

So I have an above ground pool in my garden. I’m trying to use it for hydro therapy.
It is insulated. I’m in the UK so not the best temperature this time of year. I seem to lose 2-3 degrees overnight depending.

I have a heat inverter with spec attached. I have also attached the wind readings. I’m 90% sure these are a bit low, I need to move the wind meter to a better location. However it’s safe to work on these as a minimum wind speed.

So I’m trying to find out if one of these would be enough to power the heater, http://www.tesup.co.uk and or what equipment I need. I’m a total newbie so making my own isn’t really an option. I appreciate I need an inverter and probably some batteries but I don’t really know beyond that.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Keith

Attachments

• DECE1990-546C-49AB-AE54-62CA6CAEB6CD.png
    DECE1990-546C-49AB-AE54-62CA6CAEB6CD.png
    353.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 73811E55-22FE-46C7-B4A0-28EFBBE8C446.png
    73811E55-22FE-46C7-B4A0-28EFBBE8C446.png
    743.5 KB · Views: 2
Heater requires a max of 1600W.

Pretty much impossible to get that from any reasonably sized wind turbine.

A 2m diameter turbine mounted 10m or higher (above any sources of turbulence) would produce about 500-600W.

Wind info:

Hi thanks for the reply. Please forgive my ignorance but I’m not sure if the max is start up or something. The chart above where it says max power kw seems to suggest it uses much less particularly when it’s in inverter mode.
I could use the device on mains to get to temp then it would just use a lower amount to top up, assuming I understand how it’s working correctly

Welcome to the party Kblake, jump in, the water's nice. ;)

A bubble blanket may help with the drop in water temperature. It gets very cold here in Wyoming and our heater can not keep up with the chilling affect of the wind. Take away the wind and the hot tub can hold the temperature even when the air temp is -15C.

Back