diy solar

diy solar

Newbie on the Central Coast of California seeks advice

ericbakuladavis

Hello forum folks. Putting my first post here to introduce myself.

I'm Eric. In live on the Central Coast of California. I do quality assurance work for a mobile game. I'm trying to help a friend set up an off grid solar system for her 5th wheel. When I started, I had very little electrical / solar knowledge. I've been reading up online (thanks to folks such as yourselves who freely share their knowledge) and think that I'm almost ready to put it together. Post in the DIY Solar General Discussion forum coming soon...

Welcome.
Hopefully you bounce your ideas off the collective here before buying anything. We see folks buy the wrong things over and over. Its often an expensive learning lesson.

Hopefully you've also done an energy audit and based your system on planned/desired energy amounts rather than what is on sale at Harbor Freight or what kits you've seen on Amazon.

Hi MisterSandals! Thank you.

My friend bought all the major components without much planning. Fortunately, everything but the battery is returnable. We haven't done a proper energy audit, but the system is roughly based on a neighbor's system.

I hope you'll check out my post in the DIY Solar General Discussion forum! I'm about to update it now...

Last edited:
Back