diy solar

diy solar

Newbie Trying To Get Started

Maximus1234

Hey Everyone, I am wanting to put together a solar power system for long turn power outages.
I have purchased 5 of the newest solar panels from Harbor Freight rated 18VDC/100 watt/5.56amps that have SAE connections. I could use suggestions on how to hook them up together. Also I would appreciate any feedback on what kind of mttp charge controller and 3000 watt Inverter would be needed for a (5) battery bank. I would like to get LIP batteries somewhere in the $400 range if possible for budget reasons but I know it may be a stretch. Anyhow thanks in advance for your expertise and knowledge.

what is the Voc (open circuit voltage) of the panels; provide panel specs.

When you say "5 battery bank" that doesn't tell us much. We need to know the voltage and amp hour rating of the battery you desire. Battery voltage is also required to recommend an inverter.

Screenshot_20210802-000421_Chrome.jpgI hope this helps answer your questions for the 100w panels and I apologize for not knowing more and sounding like a moron
When you say "5 battery bank" that doesn't tell us much. We need to know the voltage and amp hour rating of the battery you desire. Battery voltage is also required to recommend an inverter.
what is the Voc (open circuit voltage) of the panels; provide panel specs.

. The panels came with SAE connections and I'm guessingbi have to buy adaptors (SAE to MC4) to hook them up in series (if I remember right) to a mppt charge controller but not sure what kind volts wise.
As for the batteries I am so confused but looking at building a 5 battery bank of 12V 50 to 60AH batteries but again not sure I that's a good set up or you guys can recommend otherwise?

Back