diy solar

diy solar

Newbie want to know if battery is compatible

westberliner

Hello together,

I am new in solar energy. We have set up a new roof solar system with:

14x JaSolar 395w, 1 string
1x Growatt Mod 5000TL-X3.

Now it is not so lucky to sell my energy for round about nothing and buy at night energy, so I think about battery pack.

In my case, I am able to change to Growatt Mod 5000TL-XH3, same Model, but with Battery connection.
I looked for batteries from growatt, then I need a BMS and 2 batterypacks - cost round about 4-5k€ - too much to worth it.

But, I read somewhere, BMS can be from another vendor, should not be a problem. I understand, my batteries were loaded through "normal" + and - on the growatt and the BMS controls the rest of it. Is it right?

So, now, what about like this system?

I need to change the growatt, it´s not the big deal, but will it work with the battery pack? Like I understand, it is a battery pack with BMS, so only "plug n play"?

Another stupid question: How determine the growatt, if I need power from energy supplied and powers with battery additionaly?

Thank you very much.

I am not familiar with that model Growatt but look in the manual for the battery type options. Most of them will allow use of batteries with the BMS communications to the Growatt unit. I think mine has a USE and US2 for "dumb" type lithium batteries. You can program the Growatt to switch from AC input to battery and from battery to AC input based on battery voltage levels.

If you want the BMS and Growatt to communicate, maybe someone else will share their experience with what will work.

Hey WestBerliner

Did you find a solution with the "MOD" series from Growatt, did another BMS / battery function whit it.

I Know of other Growatt "models " that will

Back