diy solar

diy solar

Newby question sungrow sh10rt with wind turbine

Borconi

Hi.

Newby here.

First of let me give you my setup:
I have a sungrow sh10rt hybrid inverter which is grid tie and coupled with a byd battery. This works nicely no problem.

I have a free mppt entry on the inverter and I was considering adding a wind turbine to it.

Most wind turbines I could find come with a pwm charge controller that outputs 12/24/48 or 96v depending on the turbine. So my thoughts are (and don't shoot me if i say something very wrong) to use a DC -DC booster tied to the pwm and up the voltage to 200 - 300 V from the pwm and input that into the inverter mppt, so inverter will treat it as an ordinary solar panel array.

Will something like this work?

What are the dangers i should look out for?

Thanks and sorry if this has been already discussed.

Welcome! You're over thinking it. :)

1) Hook the wind turbine up to your DC buss via the controller that comes with the wind turbine. Solar MPPT cannot deal with the wildly changing voltage and amps of a wind turbine.

2) Spend some time on the wind subforum before you buy a wind turbine.

Be safe and have fun!

Hi Borconi,
I'm looking for the same hybrid inverter (sungrow sh10rt), can you recommend a shop where I could by it?
BTW, I had the same question like you and received a similar answer like OzSolar sent you.
Once my current project (photovoltaic) is finished I will check an enhacement by wind turbine too.
Heiko.

Back