diy solar

diy solar

Newly Retired - Newly Off Grid

Stinger

Hello to all.
I've been following for a few weeks now and made the jump to solar by accumulating these:

2) SP6548 will be wired split phase.
4) EG4 48v batteries
16) 460w panels
3500w predator generator 120vac@30a - cloud days - natural gas kit
2) 58.4V 20A Lifepo4 Battery Charger for 16s

I would like to thank you guys for helping us new to this adventure and hope I can contribute something as I get my feet on more solid ground. My plan is to install this system before the end of year to take advantage of the TAX incentives.

I'm newly retired and have inverter/converter experience... manly 72v forklift, utility vehicle, and auto. Not much on the batteries.

Welcome to the club, retired and a solar farmer. Where are you located?

I'm splitting my time between NE Texas and E Kentucky. I bounce back and forth about every 90 days. I'm scheduled back to Kentucky in Aug. I need to find out how to edit my profile. BTW love Hilton Head!

I looked at the SP6548 on Sungold web site and it looks like the unit have a built in AC charger to charge your batteries? I have used MPP units in the past and they have a built in AC battery charger. If your SP6548 has a built in AC battery charger you may not need the additional battery chargers you have listed in you first post. Just a thought. Where are you installing your system Texas or Kentucky ?

I looked at the SP6548 on Sungold web site and it looks like the unit have a built in AC charger to charge your batteries? I have used MPP units in the past and they have a built in AC battery charger. If your SP6548 has a built in AC battery charger you may not need the additional battery chargers you have listed in you first post. Just a thought. Where are you installing your system Texas or Kentucky ?

Kentucky where the grid for my location is .18 per Kwh --- Texas my current contract cost .087 per Kwh. The AC chargers on the unit would work with AC input and I will use as extreme necessity, however; my goal is to not rely on it at all. I thank you for trying to save me money ;)

Just bought same inverter. What panels did you get an howd you wire them?

Congrats! I'm in Milwaukee, same initial plan with a Sol Ark 15k and a gas 2500 generator connecting a battery charger.

Back