diy solar

diy solar

Newpowa vs Nature Power - low cost panels

flynmoose

Hello panel peeps,

Home Depot is running a one day sale on Nature Power 215W mono 12v panels for $154 ($0.72 / watt)

Had been looking at Newpowa 210W mono 24v panels for $224 a piece and for Labor day they are dropping another $20 off (actually $60 off $500 order) so that puts them at $0.97 / watt.

Not much out there on Nature Power but $0.72 a watt is dirt cheap. Ship-to-store and could check them out and return for free if I'm not happy.

Thoughts? (Yes - I know I'm comparing 12v to 24v. I wanted to move to 24V to keep wiring size down. If I go 12v I can use 2 of them now with my Zamp controller and then upgrade charge controller later.)

Hello panel peeps,

Home Depot is running a one day sale on Nature Power 215W mono 12v panels for $154 ($0.72 / watt)

Had been looking at Newpowa 210W mono 24v panels for $224 a piece and for Labor day they are dropping another $20 off (actually $60 off $500 order) so that puts them at $0.97 / watt.

Not much out there on Nature Power but $0.72 a watt is dirt cheap. Ship-to-store and could check them out and return for free if I'm not happy.

Thoughts? (Yes - I know I'm comparing 12v to 24v. I wanted to move to 24V to keep wiring size down. If I go 12v I can use 2 of them now with my Zamp controller and then upgrade charge controller later.)
This is a great deal. Comes out of Vietnam where a lot of panels are made. Specs are good. Only drawback is 1 year warranty. I say go for it. If I had not just put 3 new panels on my motor home, I would find a place to install at least 1 of these. Weight to watt ratio is very good. Plus black frame makes them look very sleek.

Back