diy solar

diy solar

NFPA 1192 Standard on Recreational Vehicles

RandyP

Solar Enthusiast
Discussion of a Standard specifically dealing with how RVs are wired NFPA 1192 Standard on Recreational Vehicles

Last edited:
Reactions: Dzl
A good place to start might be by viewing
To get a basic introduction to the '1192 Standard' concept.

As stated in the article above, you can Read a free version of NFPA 1192 here. You’ll just have to create a free login name for access.

NFPA 1192 is a standard that includes much more than just Electrical Requirements.
Low Voltage Electrical Requirements refer to ANSI/RVIA LV , ANSI_RVIA Standard for Low Voltage Systems

1586280526528.png

You can buy a copy of
ANSI_RVIA Standard for Low Voltage Systems 2018 Edition
at :
Description@copy, RVIA, 16 pp.: Technical reference for use by manufacturers of conversion and recreational vehicles. Establishes the minimum installation requirements of the American National Standards Institute for the installation of low voltage systems in conversion and recreational vehicles. Highly technical. Recreational vehicle members of RVIA are required to comply to this standard.

Does anyone know of a way to view this standard at no cost ?

NFPA 1192 Standard does not contain any electrical system standards.
It states Electrical Requirements by
referencing to NFPA70 Article 551 and ANSI RVIA/LV compliance.

From what I recall (I only looked briefly at NFPA 1192) this didn't end up having much info on electrical right? But had good info on other RV systems. For electrical I recall it mostly just referenced other sources like the ANSI/RVIA code you mentioned?

Yes, as stated above

From what I recall (I only looked briefly at NFPA 1192) this didn't end up having much info on electrical right? But had good info on other RV systems. For electrical I recall it mostly just referenced other sources like the ANSI/RVIA code you mentioned?

YES

NFPA 1192 Standard does not contain any electrical system standards.
It states Electrical Requirements by
referencing to NFPA70 Article 551 and ANSI RVIA/LV compliance.

Back